Gaining Muscle Workouts without Weight..

Options
A person in mft told me that I'm a skinny fat I'm 116 lbs and 5,2" and I look fater than my sister who's 114 lbs, any advice about workouts and diet plan ?? thanks

Replies

• norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Vinyasa (power) yoga.... or Pilates.
  • kiiks52
    kiiks52 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have recently (within the past few days) attempted workouts from www.dailyhiit.com .
    (Only watch if you can get past the skimpy clothing the girl wears...)

I'll warn you though, if you're just starting out like I am, the workouts are **tough**. I'm 5'7 and 124 lb, and I've been doing cardio workouts regularly for the past month. So I don't consider myself completely out of shape, but these exercises are a real challenge for me.

You don't need any equipment for most of the exercises, and if you're like me, it will be a while before you can do the exercises without weights. haha. You can check out their Facebook page to see pictures from people who do the workouts daily, and the results can be great (expect a 6 pack after faithful workouts & nutrition for 8 months). It's just going to be a lot of work.

I second the yoga option. This may sound silly, but a few years ago, my family ate "clean" for one summer and I was doing Wii Fit yoga and strength training exercises on a daily basis, and my body felt really fit and looked great. Those exercises can really make you feel a burn. I don't know anything about power yoga, but hatha yoga, which is the kind on Wii Fit, focuses on endurance when holding poses. In a "tree pose," for example, you are balancing your entire body on one leg for a period of time. You will feel a burn ;)

Whatever your method of choice, let us know how it goes.
  • PlantBasedGrace
    PlantBasedGrace Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    there's an app by Skimble called Workout Trainer. They have a bunch of workouts you can do without any equipment. Its pretty helpful and I feel like I've already gotten more trim since I've started using it.
  • jrobrown
    jrobrown Posts: 7
    Options
    I do pretty hardcore pilates. Has definitely been building up the muscle!

But other than that, Nike has a workout app that is pretty amazing and geared towards women -- think it's just called Nike Fitness.