Okay do the Bulgarians really do this?!?! 3/25

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyoV909uMPY

Try these today! Note it is not a race...I see folks do these like they are a toy bouncing up and down! You are building strength and balance no reason to go super fast!
Now if you are used to these and easy then add weight. Nice though all you need is a chair! If at gym use a bench or the step like he has in video.
Your butt and quads and hams will thank me later!

Just for fun I thought we would look at NFL players do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyoV909uMPY

Peace,
WW

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    If you have weak chicken legs you can do stationary lunges instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbzvQBmA5jk

It's basically a Bulgarian squat without the chair.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Can't look at youtube at work, so extremely intrigued to see the videos when I get home.....
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Various squats and lunges have done a lot to improve the lift & look of my behind over the past several weeks. (Husband has noticed, too. :heart:) They have helped me with balance as well.

I have to go slow, WW. I tend to lose form or balance when I do them too fast. I'm working on it, though. :)
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Going fast means lousy form which then leads to injurys. This is one exercise where slow is better. Your second video is actually a re-copy of the first link, WW. And Ack3x - thanks for your video. My knees hate these but just tells me I have weak muscles around me knees.
  • Deadra78
    Deadra78 Posts: 33
    Options
    This is todays challenge - I am new here - are we shoting for a certain amount of reps/sets or just try it and see if we live? LOL
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    This is todays challenge - I am new here - are we shoting for a certain amount of reps/sets or just try it and see if we live? LOL

Just do however much you feel and come back tomorrow and talk about how sore your buns and thighs are. I know I will.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    If you have weak chicken legs you can do stationary lunges instead.

I don't know why but that made me crack up!!!!!!!!!!! Chicken legs! LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I have to go slow, WW. I tend to lose form or balance when I do them too fast. I'm working on it, though. :)

Slow is better! Go fast hurt self or use bad form. Kudos to you for doing anything and the natural booty lift! :D
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Your second video is actually a re-copy of the first link, WW. And Ack3x - thanks for your video.

Dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s_70Nm3Nw4
  • smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do a couple of sets of these 3x a week, today was one of those days. Feel soo good once I am done and my legs certainly feel the burn. You are right slow is better for me on these :)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!! I did these at the gym today and I need to do them on the regular! Wow it really helped me see how I am so out of balance and I need to regain that back so I will be doing these regularly! I did w/o weights to get good form! Glad I did it w/o them!
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've never done these before and all I can say is wow!!! I was only able to do 10 reps on each leg because of my bad knees, but I felt every single one of them. My balance was really shocking as well which didn't help. I guess I've got some practicing to do
  • hawabibi25
    Options
    cant wait to try these:)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Beatrix and I had to do these in the 30 Day Butt Lift. I resemble a weeble wobble while attempting to do these.