Brand new to the group.

digitalbill
digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
Well, I might as well say hello.

The car in my profile was sold off but, the current barn has:
1: 2001 Chevrolet Suburban (daily driver)

2: 1937 Chevrolet Sedan (327 mated to a 700 R4 and a Mustang II front end.)

3: 1973 Super Beetle (work in progress)

Replies

• Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Hi and welcome! I suppose we can make this an introduction topic. Thanks for getting it started. :bigsmile:

Hi, my name is Danielle. There's lots of stuff at my place, but the things worth noting are:
    1. 2000 Camaro SS - street/strip project
    2. 68 Cuda - long term project
    3. Couple of dirt bikes and Ninja sport bikes

Some pics are in my profile.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    Sorry I missed this thread, I'm not used to all the activity in here :laugh:

Everyone calls me dino.

I don't have anything worth noting either

I am on the look out for a project. 65' to 70' mustang fastback, but I am starting to think more about building a rat rod, only with more modern comforts ( suspension and seating wise ) It would be more of a daily driver rat rod.
  • digitalbill
    Once I am finished with my current VW project, I will be starting on a Volksrod.
    Think Rat Rod but, cheaper.
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Hopefully will start work on "refreshing" an '89 Chevy Pick-up, regular car, long box, 2 wheel drive, with a 454 this summer.
    Fuel tanks need to be replaced and all the break lines. Motor needs some TLC as well, but still runs well. Will be flat black with a 4/6 slam kit on some decent rims when all is said and done... but I MIGHT possibly just rat rod it out instead... not entirely sure yet.

Can't start on it until the snow melts and I get it moved into my garage which is ok because I have a fitness competition in a couple weeks that training for takes up all of my free time.

My daily driver is an '07 Audit A4 Quatto 3.2L, V6... Black on black

Hi group!

~Connie
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    @digitalbill - I think that's what I need right now! A cheap rat rod project. It's a very good idea :-)

@Connie - Hi Connie! Welcome to our (tiny as of right now) group. :-D I like your idea of flat black on your pick-up. Along with being slammed, some nice rims and a 454, I think the flat black would make it look pretty mean.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    My vehicles:
    84 Honda XL350: I've had this since 1994 and used it only for offroading to date. I'm looking to get my motorcycle license and use it for short trips to work now that I have a garage.
    1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged: The autocross/track/fun car. Coilover suspension, poly bushings all around, adjustable brake proportioning valve, camber plates, SS brake lines, rebuilt engine, rebuilt tranny, rebuilt brake system. Lots of various fixes along the way as well, but I bought it for $450, so kind of expected that :laugh: Really want more power, but the engine is pretty much stock besides a SC pulley and headers because CA emissions are :mad:
    2005 Mazda3 Hatch: Daily driver and utility vehicle.

Some pictures:
    http://www.flickr.com//photos/12188302@N02/sets/72157633287147962/show/
  • yawning_cat
    yawning_cat Posts: 20 Member
    Thought i best do an intro too!

My name is Jeni

I own :

2 x classic Fiat Pandas'
    1 x 1954 Ford Popular (Anglia)
    1 x Kymco Cruiser 125cc
    2 x Cats (hemi & maggie)

Im a self confessed petrol head who turns all my own spanners and can be found in a happy place usually under a car fixing something, either that or taking photographs at the local drag strip. I run my own photo website yawningcatphotography.com which has very little to do with cats.
    The Ford is a current build after a sad demise back in 2007, the build thread is here :

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/garage/ford-pop-re-build-begins-72025
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Hi everyone --

I'm new to the group (and hopefully we can get it a bit more active!)

My name is Samantha. I'm 26 and live in Wisconsin.

I own and run Stance Wisconsin (long story about the name, but it is what it is and we are about way more than "stanced" cars). We host some of the biggest shows in the area and LOVE what we do! Now that the car season is in full swing, we are crazy busy but wouldn't change that for the world! (:
    Feel free to check us out:
    Facebook: /stance.wi -OR- /stancewisconsin
    Instagram: @stancewisconsin

My garage consists of:
    2 - 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    1 - 2000 Honda Civic EX, 5 Speed, of course (DD)
    1- 2007 Honda Civic (DD)

Currently searching for another Evo MR 'cause, well, I sold my old one and I just need another in my life (: I live in my garage and if I don't have something to work on, I don't know what to do. It's like a sickness and I start to feel empty inside so I make sure that just never happens anymore (:
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    I'm Karyn

43yo, no kids, married to a Navy guy

I've been a car-chic since I was about 14. First girl in my high school to take auto mechanics.

Garage (or carport, as the case may be now with our 90 year old historic home, lol)

1995 Mustang Cobra - stroked 347 Mexican-block, supercharged. Last dynoed around 575hp on a race tune. Street tune runs about 525-550hp. Quarter mile car that was consistent high 10s, low 11s with me driving, but my tuner/pro-racer friend got it into the low 10s on drag radials. It's an intentional street sleeper (i.e.: it LOOKS stock....until you hear it run). Still has the stock radio and working A/C....along with a roll cage, harness, and about 35K in upgrades, lol.

2001 Corvette Coupe - stock with the exception of a CAI. Was my daily driver until I moved to rainy Washington state. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to turn it into my SCCA car (which would require a motor change and finding a VERY annoying electrical gremlin)

2010 BMW X3 - AWD daily driver, dog-mobile, snow machine. :)

2008 Mazda Speed3 - Hubby's daily driver. He needed a "commuter" when we lived on the east coast. I couldn't bear the thought of an econobox in the driveway.

And although it wasn't intentional...all 3 cars are red. ;)
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Wish there was more activity here.

Daily drive = 2007 Camry XLE

Garage = 2007 Corvette
  • digitalbill
    Oh gosh...
    Everything has changed.
    2001 Suburban = Gone (replaced with a 2010 Honda Pilot)
    1973 VW = Gone (replaced with a 2010 Jeep Wrangler.
  • bads1
    bads1 Posts: 39 Member
    Agreed this place is dead.

Daily - 11 Ford Fusion, stock

Non Daily - 03 Mustang Cobra SVT 10th anniversary coupe, red. Puts down about 500 hp...
  • dinosnopro
    Yeah, I wish there was a way to pimp the group without looking like an attention *kitten* :laugh: ... Life gets in the way so I really am not on the forums that much at all, but I did wind up picking up a project (not the mustang I was looking for, LOL) a '67 f100. It's got typical rust issues for the age and state I live in (thanks rust belt) but it runs and drives, picked it up for under a grand, so I can't complain, We are going to do a rat rod sort of thing for now, in the spring or as the budget allows I would like to to a crown vic swap and drop it about four inches, at some point in the next few years I'll put some time doing the body work then shoot it flat black.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    I am new, name is Aaron
    Daily driver is a 2005 Silverado
    Garage Project is a 1955 Chevy Pickup, step side. It needs a ton of work.
  • dinosnopro
    I am new, name is Aaron
    Daily driver is a 2005 Silverado
    Garage Project is a 1955 Chevy Pickup, step side. It needs a ton of work.

Welcome. As you can see the group is kind of small (feel free to advertise the group :smile:)

Sounds like a fun project I picked up a '67 f100 this fall, the winter weather set in before I had a chance to start anything big on it.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    hey, was just browsing groups and saw this one!

I love just wrenching on cars. It's just fun. I'm Nate, I live in West Michigan.

I wanted a cheapish project to do my first real resto on, just to learn a thing or six, acquired a 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. It's been a fun little project, should be finally ready to get on the road this spring.

I've also got a 1987 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 I've got to trouble shoot one of these years. :indifferent:

My DD is a Dodge Intrepid with a 3,2L, put a full 300m interior in it, dual exhaust and signal mirrors form a 300m Special, and all sorts of other odds and ends.