Surviving Family Events

Options
Nmira09
Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
Hi Mujeres!

This is a tough one for me! My godson turned 1 on saturday and we had a party for him...girrrrrlll I ate too much! It's hard not to at family events! You have tacos, appetizers, pozole, tamales, beans, beer and the list goes on! It is so hard to have self-control!

Does that happen to any of you? If so, what do you suggest we do?

Replies

• claudiavasquez72
    claudiavasquez72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention that! I was just thinking about Easter coming up on Sunday...my family usually gets together and we BBQ chicken, ribs, etc. There is pasta salads, rice, beans! I am really dreading seeing all the food and not being able to eat it or seeing the food and eating so much. Another thing is that I am also going to Disneyland on Friday, which lets face it there are crepes, churros, popcorn, cookies galore! All I can do is try and monitor and keep reminding myself to take it easy. Also, my family knowing that I am watching what I eat will help make me accountable. I know my families eyes will probably be all on me and on my plate! LOL!
  • Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So much temptation! We're getting togethe for easter as well and I know my sisters are going to cook their amazing food! We just need to make sure that we work out! ;D
    Funny you mention that! I was just thinking about Easter coming up on Sunday...my family usually gets together and we BBQ chicken, ribs, etc. There is pasta salads, rice, beans! I am really dreading seeing all the food and not being able to eat it or seeing the food and eating so much. Another thing is that I am also going to Disneyland on Friday, which lets face it there are crepes, churros, popcorn, cookies galore! All I can do is try and monitor and keep reminding myself to take it easy. Also, my family knowing that I am watching what I eat will help make me accountable. I know my families eyes will probably be all on me and on my plate! LOL!
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's my problem too.. I've been going to a lot of family events lately and then regret how much I ate. This easter I won't show up hungry, and even if I eat something unhealthy, it will be in moderation. No more pigging out for me. And I will make sure to work out that day. Ugh it's so mental though. Everytime I'm around my family, I just want to eat. This doesn't really happen with friends but boy can my family eat and it rubs off on me. They know I'm on a diet and so are a lot of them too so hopefully this time we can help each other out.