Newbie from Glos!

Hello!

I've recently restarted MFP and what a shock!

For almost a week I've logged my regular eating habits, without making any changes, and I can't believe the calories I'm consuming, whilst believing I'm a healthy eater! My biggest problem is evening meals, which seem to be far too calorific and can easily put my calorie intake over double the daily recommendation. This will be changing.

I train twice a week at the gym, and then fit other activities into the rest of the week, squash, cycling or fitness DVD's (currently Gillian Michael's 30 Day Shred). This probably isn't enough to burn off the calories I'm consuming though!!! So, I'm increasing the activity I plan and look to set myself a fitness goal. I'm not sure what this will be yet, probably cycling, running or walking a certain number of miles in a month.

I hope to meet some others and share my experiences. If you have any tips or advice to share, especially with any local activities, classes or groups, I would love to hear about them.

Replies

• nathan_oz
    nathan_oz Posts: 229
    Hi there! I also was very surprised at my calories when I first started and realised just how much I was consuming, my biggest problem was snacking, being on MFP has made a huge difference and I have cut out all the junk snacks, this has made a big difference in my energy levels as well as losing 2 inches from my belly! I am currently doing the Insanity DVD workout 6 days a week and was also a huge shock to me! I also love running and badminton.

Feel free to add me as a friend!