Condensed Guidelines

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
Guidelines - minus most of the fluff.

MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
b) Don’t reciprocate if you are attacked

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting
Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning (including bulimia, anorexia, VLCD).

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

5. No Public Posting of Private Conversations
Do not publicly post an email or private message from any other MyFitnessPal user, moderator or administrator at any time.

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics
Topics which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors. At our discretion, any post referring to the behavior or posts of other users of the site will be removed.

7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes
a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

10. No Airing of Grievances With Moderators
a) Protesting a moderator or admin action is not allowed on the Forums or in Groups.

11. No Profane, Vulgar, Sexually Explicit or Illegal Images
All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:
1. - no nudity
2. - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
3. - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
4. - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
5. - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
6. - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
7. - no hateful or violent imagery
8. - no images containing profanity or vulgarity

12. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

13. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums
Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums.

14. No Political Topics in the Main Forums
Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images.

15. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language
No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. This includes the use of non-alphabetical characters to approximate expletives or other objectionable language. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

16. Please Post In English On The Main Forums
Because we need to ensure that our English-speaking moderator team can properly understand and evaluate all posts, we request that all posts on the Main Forums are made in English.

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    F[/i]uck.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Jesus!!
    I picked the wrong community to spew my venum
  • Cp731
    Options
    ps Crankstr
    You have nice legs!! :noway:
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    So what MFP is saying is that we shouldn't communicate with each other in any way.
  • Cp731
    Options
    So what MFP is saying is that we shouldn't communicate with each other in any way.

or breath
    pass gas
    look at someone **** eyed
    live a little
    spank anyone
    spank ourselves
    compliment others, for this will surely offend
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

You can say yes......Or way to go.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    sooooooo.....I can't post pics of my European ball bag???

Even though I've lost 10" off my waist??
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    sooooooo.....I can't post pics of my European ball bag???

Even though I've lost 10" off my waist??

Ha. I'm sure someone would like you to PM it to them....just not me.....
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    WTF???? Really???? Can I please wipe my butt???