Easter lunch potluck

Options
pdworkman
pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
Okay, folks, what would you take to an Easter lunch potluck? I am vegan and we're dealing with a number of other allergies in addition to gluten free, but I'm interested in all ideas and will adapt as I like. What would you bring?

Replies

• macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Easter is a spring holiday (despite it being very unspring like where I live), since eggs are certainly out how about a spring soup...with peas or leeks or something springy? I don't have any recipes to offer, but I'm sure google does:)
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    broccoli salad?
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    Roasted Potatoes, homemade coleslaw with vinegar and evoo, hummus, veggie plate, hmmmm i'll try to think of some more
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Tabbouli made with quinoa instead of wheat
    "Cheesy potatoes" - layers of sliced potatoes, onion and cheese with seasonings to taste - cooked about 3-4 hours in a slow cooker (NOT low calorie)
    7 layer salad (delete or modify any layer you don't like/can't tolerate)
    "Dressing" made with quinoa, onion, cranberries and (optional) walnuts or pecans
    "Snow grapes" <http://allrecipes.com/recipe/snow-grapes/&gt; (they also had a simple recipe for frosted grapes - coat wet grapes with flavored gelatin "powder"
    etc
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Good ideas, I'm going to start on some of them tonight. Any last minute entries?

Happy Easter all!