Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
Shorts or leggings ?

Replies

• VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I run in capri yoga type pants at the moment but I just purchased this running skort that I saw on a chick at the gym. Read up on it, liked what I read, but too cold ATM to wear:

For the runner who demands more, the Nike Knit Women's Running Skort is the perfect piece of two-in-one apparel. Sure, it may look like just another stylish skirt to the untrained eye. But this one has built-in compression shorts and special fabric that battles sweat to help keep you comfortable as you devour the miles. The wide waistband provides a flattering fit that stays in place so you can keep moving.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I run in capri yoga type pants at the moment but I just purchased this running skort that I saw on a chick at the gym. Read up on it, liked what I read, but too cold ATM to wear:

For the runner who demands more, the Nike Knit Women's Running Skort is the perfect piece of two-in-one apparel. Sure, it may look like just another stylish skirt to the untrained eye. But this one has built-in compression shorts and special fabric that battles sweat to help keep you comfortable as you devour the miles. The wide waistband provides a flattering fit that stays in place so you can keep moving.

You've sold it to me, where I get one from haha. I've been in running leggings over winter, yet for my Half on Sunday I wore shorts even though it was freezing, so much more freedom
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi all Just joined thanks for starting the group Ed :-)

I prefer something fitted, capri leggings are my fav
    I dont like if my knees clink together which the leggings seem to help, prob bad running form :-) also the whole riding up short scenario can get annoying

But I get the freedom feeling your talking about the wind on your legs does feel nice !
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You know my favorite shorts to run in? Cutoffs. Old, soft, loose, faded ones. It takes a while to get a pair of cutoffs soft and loose enough for running. But nothing beats 'em for the pockets -- phone, food, money, bandanna (101 uses), chapstick, pills..... I love my cutoffs.

My other favorite running garment (hiking garment too) is a skirt. Not with shorts sewn in, though. Regular underwear. This combo makes pit stops a breeze on long runs and hikes.

If your thighs rub together and chafe, smear some of your underarm antiperspirant (the stick kind) on them. You will be amazed.
  • happyandhealthy65
    Options
    I usually run in leggings to avoid any chances of chub-rub. I love the look of running skirts - that Nike one sounds cool. I might have to buy one as a rewards somewhere down the line.
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Usually capri compressions, but I just ordered a couple skirts with shorts under them for summer. IF we ever warm up! GAH! We will see how they work, I really WANT them to work, but sometimes shorts ride up and then my thighs rub and I won't wear them if they do that.
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i'm still running in full cotton sweat pants... very low body confidence but who knows by the summer i might throw caution to the wind and wear my old hockey skorts!
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I might just have to look into the skirts. I am hesitant with my size, don't feel all that confident. Wonder if there is a place you could try em on?
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    wrangler cutoffs
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    leggings in every other season than summer.... summer requires shorts. Plus it's an easy way to get a little color on my legs (although I hate the sock tan!)