How was the first day ?

Options
lizp114
lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
How did everyone make out on their first day or the challenge, i hope you all had a great first day and plan to put 110% into all your workouts and anything you have a desire to accomplish. My first day was good workout wise (I did rope 20 mins and burned 137 calories, turbo fire fire 30 class for 35 mins and burned 210 calories, and did the treadmill for 65 mins and burned 550 calories) As for water I kinda didn't do so good I only had 32 oz so I hope I do better....no correction I will do better today. Have a great one people, and feel free to add me.

Replies

• licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    First day for me was tough. I went over in my calories and didn't get a chance to exercise (I have a 6 week old baby) but I did log in every food I ate and almost lost a pound. Must be the breastfeeding every 3 hours (even at night)! Hoping today will be better, so far so good.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Remember y'all! Anything is better than nothing with your exercise, even if it's just 10 hot minutes of callisthenics (push-ups, jumping jacks, sit-ups, etc)

Just make them count!

Set a set/rep goal, and stick to it! Say 3 sets of 15-25 for each exercise, push-ups, sit-ups & jumping jacks with a short rest in between each set of the 3 exercises. If you have to rest, it's ok, just finish your reps & all sets no matter what! If you do this vigorously within 10-15 mins you will get your heart rate up too. C'mon, I know we can do this y'all! Stay with it, make time, even if it's only 10 mins, it's still something!

Remember, the only bad workout is the one that didn't happen. :bigsmile:
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    1st day was fine. Going to start the 30 Day Shred this weekend. Going to push myself in the exercise as I have the eating down.
  • grace142
    grace142 Posts: 8
    Options
    Didn't do so well. I had an excellent workout w/ treadmill and leg exercises but went over on my calories.
    Although I only went over like 20 calories, somehow I gained almost a pound.

Feeling really frustrated.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Didn't do so well. I had an excellent workout w/ treadmill and leg exercises but went over on my calories.
    Although I only went over like 20 calories, somehow I gained almost a pound.

Feeling really frustrated.

Hang in there! Stay at it! We ALL have those frustrating moments!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    It is going well so far! My current goal is to really increase my water intake. I'm up to seven cups already, and hoping to put another five away before bed.

I am also heading to spinning class in a couple of minutes. Always a killer workout. I burn upwards of 600 calories, and I feel it the next day.

I am also going to try to make myself a healthy dinner with all fresh ingredients.
  • cedebrooks
    cedebrooks Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Going okay! Decreasing my calories a bit, but not feeling hungry, which is awesome. Didn't get quite enough water, but I'll drink some more today :smile:

Headed to karate class now, always a great workout.
  • pinksarahjane
    pinksarahjane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Day was okay did 20 min workout just wish could get rid of my cold :(
  • Makers72
    Makers72 Posts: 65
    Options
    I had a great day 1. Sunday I cooked all of my meals for the week and put them in plastic containers.

I lost 1.5 lbs yesterday (I burned 6800 cals yesterday overall, very active day lol)

keep rocking people.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Good first 2 days completed alright. I got a long run in yesterday morning and bowling last night, short run today on top of the challenges being set out for us :happy:

Not doing the greatest with the food, trying to find the balance of calories and such for weight loss without feeling so hungry due to the fact that I have really increased my running miles this month. Hope to get the hang of that soon and get back to the consistent loss that I was having in the fall.

Great work so far everyone!
  • athaa
    athaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Overall feel good about it. As for food just trying to stay under or at calories, but I do see that I've went over on sugar both days. Anyone have any hints about that? Trying to find the time for exercise... on my wall at work I hung a little note to myself that says If it' important you will find a way. If it's not important, you will find an excuse (I saw that on MFP somewhere). Going to at least walk at lunch tomorrow.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Aside from having the munchies like crazy, I had a good day! When I just 'had to have something' I made sure it was healthy. I tried a new class today on top of the Spin class... Bosu Abs. It was good! I think I'll continue to go to that class! I need to work on my gut and on top of the CXWorx class, that should help. :bigsmile:

Great job everyone!

I like the quote that athaa stated about importance, it is soooo true! Also, don't get discouraged if things don't go exactly the way you expect, this is a lifestyle change. Let's GET THIS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sweet_ally84
    Options
    Good day! I did Ripped In 30 Week 2 day 1 today and wow, it's pretty tough! Hope it gets easier soon. I'm scared of whats to come with weeks 3 and 4!!
  • lizp114
    Options
    I had a great day 1. Sunday I cooked all of my meals for the week and put them in plastic containers.

I lost 1.5 lbs yesterday (I burned 6800 cals yesterday overall, very active day lol)

keep rocking people.

Wow you did an amazing job, keep up the great work
  • lizp114
    Options
    Good day! I did Ripped In 30 Week 2 day 1 today and wow, it's pretty tough! Hope it gets easier soon. I'm scared of whats to come with weeks 3 and 4!!

I'm sure you will do great, just remember you have to push yourself to get the results you want
  • lizp114
    Options
    Overall feel good about it. As for food just trying to stay under or at calories, but I do see that I've went over on sugar both days. Anyone have any hints about that? Trying to find the time for exercise... on my wall at work I hung a little note to myself that says If it' important you will find a way. If it's not important, you will find an excuse (I saw that on MFP somewhere). Going to at least walk at lunch tomorrow.

I don't have any tips on sugar to share (sorry) just watch it more then you have been...that's what I had to do about my sodium. And that saying is so true, and I'm done making excuses
  • lizp114
    Options
    Going okay! Decreasing my calories a bit, but not feeling hungry, which is awesome. Didn't get quite enough water, but I'll drink some more today :smile:

Headed to karate class now, always a great workout.

Great job, keep up the good work and just give your all in all you do
  • Kathylouhoo
    Options
    Did good. Very motivated. Did JM body revolution workout.
  • melodypender
    melodypender Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my first day was okay but would have been better if I had gotten a chance to hit the gum but I did eat good and I stayed under my calorie goal. hey can any one tell me how to add the ticker to my page I have no clue wat im doing
  • melodypender
    melodypender Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well I see that the ticker is there but its not showing tht I have lost weight