Girls Garage

Options
Citrislazer
Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
Am I the only one that feels this TV show is terrible? A few things I can't stand about Girls Garage are A) They sound like they don't know what their talking about, because they're reading from a script word for word, B) Everything comes apart so easily for them, C) They look like they're pretending to use tools, and D) They're never greasy, sweaty or dirty at the end of the show. Like they haven't done the work, because someone did it for them.

Geez, if I wore mascara while working on a car, I'd have bad raccoon eyes by the time I was finished. :laugh:

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I have never seen it, but from the sounds of it I'm not sure I want to.... LOL. But now I need to check it out. ..off to Google.
  • dinosnopro
    Options
    Just watched some of an episode. Jessie has been around for awhile ( and seems to know her stuff ) I remember her from spike t.v. Extreme 4x4, I've never seen the other two.
  • yawning_cat
    yawning_cat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im guessing its a programe you get in the states so ive never seen it, but it does sound really awful. Like you said if i wore makeup whilst working on the car i'd end up looking like crusty the clown, mind you saying that i do unintentionally create my own make-up with the combo of oily filthy hands and an itchy face, I do paint my nails on a monday to cover up the grime for work!
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Jessi Combs was also on Mythbusters for a bit, Powerblock, and Overhaulin'. I'm not saying the girls on the show aren't capable of doing the work. I believe they can do it, but the editing, scripting and production of the show makes it seem like they can't or don't, which bugs me.

Lol! I do the same thing if scrubbing the heck out of my hands, arms and nails doesn't work well. Paint my nails and wear long sleeves! I'm anal about not touching my face with my hands ever, so I keep shop towels within arms reach just in case. :-) I watch a few auto shows from the UK: Top Gear and Wheeler Dealers. Are there any other good ones?

Last night's episode of Top Gear (U.S.) was hilarious!
  • dinosnopro
    Options
    I forget about some of these shows ( We don't have cable so I have to watch online ) Looks like I have a weekend of catching up to do.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Jessi Combs was also on Mythbusters for a bit, Powerblock, and Overhaulin'. I'm not saying the girls on the show aren't capable of doing the work. I believe they can do it, but the editing, scripting and production of the show makes it seem like they can't or don't, which bugs me.

I have the impression Jessi knows her stuff