Sand Volleyball - Interested?

Options
Coolhand1969
Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
by: kellijauch
Personally, since Spring and Summer is around the corner (I know it doesn't feel like it with all this snow, but we have to keep the faith it will arrive), I would love to get a sand volleyball team together. Team would be 4 people and we could play in a real league (for beginners), but if more want to do it we could play games against each other and maybe form our own little unnofficial league. If you've never played sand volleyball it is SUPER fun and you work off a lot of calories. It is a workout in and of itself, while still being a blast. Ever just practicing it will get you sweating and laughing. I'd love love love if people wanted to do this.

kellijauch, and EBCanada have said they're in.... I could potentially be in, although I'm not sure I could work it in my schedule... Who else?

Replies

• orbrover
    orbrover Posts: 4
    Options
    I love volleyball. Haven't played since gym in high school, though. Count me in as interested, but it depends on the location.

Thanks! Great idea!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You know I am in on this! We can figure out details sometime soon. It's not really warm enough yet anyways, but hopefully it will be soon.
  • DargDog
    DargDog Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Any idea where they are planning to play? I am interested but live in Crawfordsville and work in West Lafayette so logistics may be an issue.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Depending on where and when, I would love to join! I haven't playing volleyball since HS.
  • jhstroebel
    jhstroebel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Where are you looking to play? CCA Sports does leagues in Fishers on some really nice sand courts
  • Jarhead20
    Options
    I would love to do this!! My fiance would also like to join.
  • rread74
    rread74 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to participate. Schedules are always an issue. It's finally getting warn out, time to hey did of the winter weight.
  • kellijauch
    Options
    Well, let's figure this out- where does everyone live, and how far would you be willing to drive for this?
    Also - when are people free?

I live in Castleton, and I don't mind driving anywhere within about half an hour.
    I am free anyweekday after 6pm. Fridays all day. Saturdays after 4:30. Sunday I go to church and relax, but I think volleyball would be okay, It's not work. It's fun, so I think it would be okay to do.
  • kellijauch
    Options
    CCA Sports does leagues in Fishers on some really nice sand courts

Would everyone be willing to do this?
  • kellijauch
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend and inbox message me about this any time on here. I'm going to look up some schedules and leagues (beginner) for us
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I live in Northern Madison County, and work in Castleton, so somewhere between those two (like Fishers) would be ideal for me...

I have free miscellaneous evenings (depending on my kid's sport schedule and Pacers games (season tick holder))... Weekends are hit and miss (Sunday evenings are out though, as my kid has year round wrestling practice on Sunday evenings)

If we have one team of four or whatever, and have several alternates, we might be able to field one dependable team... :)
  • jhstroebel
    jhstroebel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend and inbox message me about this any time on here. I'm going to look up some schedules and leagues (beginner) for us

Their first session is almost full (except on sundays which is one of the days they do their recreational 6s). I would play, but I have co-ed soccer on sundays in carmel that runs in the same time period. If you get a team together and need someone here and there i'd come out if it worked with my soccer schedule that week! I did do sunday rec 6s last year and it was a ton of fun tho, I would highly suggest it. Let me know if you get something together (also if you email Ben Allen with CCA sports, there are normally free agents looking for a team for most leagues, so if you were short a few people you could pick a few other random people up)!

Heres their website: http://www.ccasports.com/leagues/sand-volleyball/
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Southsider here. My schedule is hectic but flexible
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    NE Side here, but depending on what and where and when i might be able to swing it.