how's everybody doing?

Options
Motria
Motria Posts: 54 Member
Hi People! How is your vegan/Lenten experience so far? Try any great new foods?

After a few days of going meat/dairy/egg free, some things have become automatic - I'll get a soy latte at the coffee shop, no big deal. Although I did forget myself today and got a veggie patty at Subway with cheese (oh no!).. the lady was ringing me up before I realized what I'd done. :blushing:

I'm happy about learning how to cook tempeh. I also tried a frozen meat-substitute called Gardein - it's made from soy and wheat protein. I got the faux chicken tenders, but there are a few other products, too. It was really good and I would definitely get it again. We're also going through a lot of veggies here - the best part is that my kids are eating (or at least tasting) different veggies every day.

I hope everyone else is sticking to their plan and feeling good! :drinker:

Replies

• stacyhall79
    Options
    Feeling good so far! Tried some really awesome veggie burgers tonight...Dr. Praeger's California Veggie burgers, got them at Trader Joes and they are the best ones I have ever eaten! Tried roasted Tofu, and that was pretty good too. I must admit, fasting this year even already, has been much smoother than last year. Though...I dearly miss fish. I notice I struggle with my protein levels.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. It's funny how vegan is in vogue. It certainly makes keeping the fasts of the church easier! I'm no longer a vegan, but being Orthodox means that I'm still on a vegan diet about 40% of the year! I'm Antiochian and the Arabs have some delicious food that is fast friendly. We do pre-sanctified tomorrow at the Greek church, and I'm looking forward to what the Greek ladies have prepared for us! We do one later in Lent at a Russian church. Their lenten food is tremendous as well.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Doh! Just realized my reply yesterday was a year late. :o)
  • queenoflogres
    Options
    And I am reading it a year after that B)