I bit the bullet!

Options
Bunniculette
Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
i picked out my dress, so there's no going back! i went with with PL1393 in ivory
PL-1393-118_314_419_s.jpg
PL-1393-012_314_419_s.jpg
PL-1393-062_314_419_s.jpg

but i think i fill it out better (the few benefits of being fat lol!)

2013-03-21113519.jpg
(this is more about the beading so forgive the gratuitous boobage!)

2013-03-21113133.jpg
it doesnt actually zip up so the plan is to add a corset back....

2013-03-21114549.jpg

...unless i can skinny up a bit before the first fitting in july!

Replies

• Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Oh it's beautiful ......... very elegant.

How far is the zip from doing up?
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Shut up...THAT'S MY DRESS!!!!!!!

I think I was told I couldn't do a corset with it but I don't remember exactly. I was also told I could have some beading under the arms removed so they don't rub, which I think I'll do.

Are you not ordering your dress in a different size?
  • Bunniculette
    Options
    Hahahaha, that's hysterical Katey! I guess we have more in common than we knew! Good choice on your dress, lol!

Miss Aurora, it's my boobs (and rib cage) that interfere with the dress zipping up, which is okay because i REAAAAALLY wanted a corset backed dress. I just love what a corset does for your figure -plus it's a good reference to my "reformed" goth girl status :)

I'm not ordering a larger size because I found this one at a rinky dink little shop by my house, it's the only one she has. A friend of mine got her dress there, which was actually the owners custom wedding dress. Nothing is over $599 and I'm trying to keep costs down so i figured I'd see what she had. Basically the woman is a dress maker and has pre-owned dresses, samples andmakes custom dresses.

The story is that the girl who originally bought this dress ended up picking something else out where ever she went and could not return this one, so she sold it to the shop to recoup some of her money. I have no idea if thats true but i wouldn't have any reservations about the dress if it was previously worn by another bride. The dress is in wonderful shape, I checked every bead.
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It looks like it's in great shape! And I'll tell you, mine cost a smidge over that price (ahem cough) so way to go!!!!

Does yours have the bra-band type hooks in the back? The sample I tried on didn't zip either but those hooks made me feel so damn secure I kept forgetting I wasn't zipped in! I need to lose some belly, mine isn't quite flat below the belt like yours is! Nice choice!!!
  • Bunniculette
    Options
    Yea, I love that it has the "seat belt" hahaha!