Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
a runner ???

Replies

• rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    someone who gets up and tries would be the answer I like to give however I still have a hard time considering myself a runner.
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    one who gets up and goes even if the weather is bad, even if the house is a mess, even if you're feeling low!
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    I would simply say someone you gets up, puts a pair of trainers on and start moving. Whether it's a 5min mile or a 15min mile you're still a Runner !!!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I think it's different for different people. For me, if someone considers themselves a runner, then they are a runner. Obviously the spectrum of runners would be quite large, but it's all about perception in my opinion.
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for different people. For me, if someone considers themselves a runner, then they are a runner. Obviously the spectrum of runners would be quite large, but it's all about perception in my opinion.

I think I agree most with this statement. I was starting with the couch2-5k and considered myself a runner from the get go and even though I haven't ever run faster then a 13 minute mile, I consider myself a runner. =)
  • shortie1am
    Options
    I will consider myself a runner when it comes more naturally to me. I will be a runner when I no longer have to hyper focus on my breathing and mileage and minutes. Just being able to put my shoes on, step out the door and go.
    :smile:
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The only one who decides if you're a runner is yourself.

There's the good weather runner, that hates rain and snow and fog and dark nights.
    There's the fitness runner who only runs on the treadmill.
    There's the obsessive runner who sticks to his or her schedule no matter what.
    There's the summer runner (Me!) who hates winters and starts again from zero every spring.
    There's the I wished I could runner who feels he is runner but doesn't run due to injury, time, or other reasons.
    There's the ultra runner who feels anything below 20 miles isn't a run.
    There's the 5k starter who gets a high from finishing a 5 minute block.

If you feel like a runner, you are one. If you're striving to become a runner you already are one as well.
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    The only one who decides if you're a runner is yourself.

There's the good weather runner, that hates rain and snow and fog and dark nights.
    There's the fitness runner who only runs on the treadmill.
    There's the obsessive runner who sticks to his or her schedule no matter what.
    There's the summer runner (Me!) who hates winters and starts again from zero every spring.
    There's the I wished I could runner who feels he is runner but doesn't run due to injury, time, or other reasons.
    There's the ultra runner who feels anything below 20 miles isn't a run.
    There's the 5k starter who gets a high from finishing a 5 minute block.

If you feel like a runner, you are one. If you're striving to become a runner you already are one as well.

I like that
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I feel more like a runner after Wednesday's run...I finally learned how to get up a hill without feeling like I was fighting myself the whole way. If I lean forward a bit, the hill was easier. go freaking figure! And yeah I mostly run outside in our very hilly town...How am I just learning this?
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    If you run, no matter how slow you have to go in order to keep going, you are a runner. My two cents. :flowerforyou:
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    I feel more like a runner after Wednesday's run...I finally learned how to get up a hill without feeling like I was fighting myself the whole way. If I lean forward a bit, the hill was easier. go freaking figure! And yeah I mostly run outside in our very hilly town...How am I just learning this?

I attack hills with shorter strides than when on the flat and as already stated lean forward slightly
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I always say that ANYONE who gets out there and picks up those feet one after another is a runner...

BUT, it took me a while to accept that I was a runner. I think there's such a large spectrum of runners, interval run/walkers, elite runners, joggers (I hate that word)...we're ALL runners in my book, even though it took me a while to say out loud that I was a runner.