PCSing

Options
sweetdianachka
sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
It's that time again... Writing from the fabulous army lodging. (PCSing from Korea to TX) I'm using the fridge at my work to store veggies and low cal items so I can still eat well during the day and then its not so bad going out to eat in the evening.

Share your advice on how do you handle PCSing while still watching what you eat and making time to work out?

Replies

• sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    ps i miss my scale.. HHG shipped early this week :(
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It's always hard and I don't ever eat right or exercise. Between traveling, staying in hotels, it's always such a nightmare : ). But I am sure you could do it if you really wanted : ). Every time we have to drive across country, I eat a lot of jerky and try not to eat too much fast food and crap. good luck to you!
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I know that wasn't very helpful. Pcsing is so stressful and crazy that I just have to try and not do everything. I can't imagine how hard it is doing it from another country...again good luck : )
  • JEKRUNS
    JEKRUNS Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Some things I did try to do with our latest move, which was from MA to HI last summer was to eat about the same kind of things I would normally eat even while on the road or in a hotel. We were in a hotel for 2 weeks, so I just stuck to yogurt, fruit, egg from the breakfast provided, lunch would be small salad or sushi from the grocery if possible or salad or wrap from restaurant and dinner would not be fancy, mainly the simple things from a menu or take-in with lots of salad bar or fruits from the grocery. Luckily we had a mini fridge to store some items. Also, I would always try to find the local gym for wherever we were staying and work out or at least get out and walk every day to relieve some stress! Good luck!
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am doing a lot of traveling I try to get up and take a walk at the hotel in the morning if they don't have a gym. Another key for me is choosing the best option off of the menu when we go out to eat or stop for fast food on the road. I also try to keep fruits that don't have to be refrigerated on hand (like banans, apples, oranges) and nuts to have as healthy snacks so that I'm less likely to resort from the potato chips from the vending machine at midnight.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We're PCSing Ocunus to Conus next month, and I'm getting nervous about it. It's been 18 months since our last trip home, so I've been craving all the fast food like crazy. Thankfully we won't be spending too much time in a hotel, but I'll still be in the weigh everything I eat stage, so I'm going to pack my food scale in my luggage. And I might put my measuring tape in there too, just to gives me something to hold myself accountable without my bathroom scale.
  • blackjacksbaby
    blackjacksbaby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We're pscing soon... glad to see it is possible to eat healthy while transitioning
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This was really good to see, we are pcsing Germany to Alabama soon and will have at least 4 weeks in a hotel! I will be using all of your tips :)