1 week!

ValerieMomof2
ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
Until my 1/2. I am nervous and anxious and excited all together. I am getting mixed info from my friends. I know we taper, but I do more than run (Body Combat, Pump, Step...) so do I need to have a very light exercise week all together? Or can I do a couple of these classes in the beginning of the week? I was going to avoid anything strenuous Thursday and Friday, but more curious about the earlier part of the week.

Replies

• jon1289
    jon1289 Posts: 24 Member
    I don't think it will matter too much so long as you don't injure yourself. The taper part of the running training is very odd as you think you should be running more and more...like cramming for an exam. However it really works. You know your body so with regards the other exercises make sure you don't overdo it. Thats all the advice i'd give.

However do think about your plans for the day and the day before. What you will eat for breakfast, when you will get up. How much to drink beforehand and going to the toilet too!

Above all enjoy it! You have already put the work in so just go out there and have fun. It is so rewarding knowing that all those difficult training runs are now paying dividends.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Thanks! There's a part of me that knows I can do it and there's a part of me that wonders what the heck I was thinking LOL
    No really, I am more excited than anything and just want it to get here!
    We always go out to eat Friday nights and I already put my foot down as to where we couldn't go so there's was no risk to any stomach issues.