Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Prenatal Vitamins

sallydurkin
sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
On another note does anyone else notice prenatal vitamins makes them crave (or intensifies the cravings). I have been working on this for a few weeks. But I have noticed for me, that when I take my vitamin at night I don't notice it I go to sleep. BUT if I take it in the day my sugar cravings are far worse.... I have not eaten sugar (other than a small lick of icing if I am creating cakes, to make sure icing is on target, and I hate that I have to do that but can't find anyone else to taste test that I trust). Anyway I have not craved sugar for a year been off except for 2-3 weeks last august when we went camping. But this last couple of weeks ago I started flip floping and taking the pre-natal in the morning as I was not alway remembering at night. And now I notice I am craving more sweets and its stupid I don't want to eat them I just want to taste them.....chew them up and spit them out. And sometimes I can't fight with logic especially when tired which is all the time.
Anyone else notice this? I am going back to pm vitamins.

Replies

• luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Ive been taking my vitamins at night from the start of my pregnancy. I reckon thats why Ive had no cravings up to now, because cravings normally indicate a short or need of something... I know if you google what you crave you can find the vitamin or supplement for it. I leave all my vit's on my nightstand, then I always remember to take them before bed.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Probably the vitamin B in your vitamins thats increasing your sugar cravings....from what I've been told/read. During the first 3.5 months I had some mild nausea, and my midwife recommended I take my vitamin in the evening to avoid nausea. I didn't honestly expect it to help, but it definitely did.