Leaving the Air Force for the Navy!!!

Options
Chowder_17
Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
Hello everyone! I'm currently enlisted Air Force, but have been accepted to Navy OCS. I'm looking forward to the transition sometime in the next few months. I made the body fat standards for my application, but I'd really like to make the weight standards before I head off to OCS (I'm 5'8" female, so the standards are 170lbs). I'm currently about 18 lbs away from that, but am working hard. Just wanted to introduce myself. Feel free to add me! Just let me know in the message that you're from this group. Thanks!

Replies

• Congrats on OCS. That is a huge accomplishment.
    Never forget where you came from. Embrace your enlisted background and use that to better those who work for you. Remember you are going to be the Officer that your sailors will emulate. Talk to your soon to be sailors regarding your battle with weight loss and help them safely lose weight. You are going to see some sailors do some really stupid stuff trying to make weight. I deal with this every 6 months when my guys try and cut their weight down prior to the PRT by either starving themself, sitting in the sauna in multiple layers of clothes or worse eating a ton of laxative

Dave