NSV

Options
BadAtitude
BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
Yesterday my 11 yr old son helped me drag my bike from the basement, dust it off and fix the flat tire. We went for a 20 minute bike ride in the sunshine and spent some quality time together....what a great day and work out! What did you do? Lets stay connected so we stay on track. I would love to hear other fun workous that include children (mine are 14, 11 & 3).

Replies

• Tamarah2eau
    Tamarah2eau Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Riding bikes sounds like a fantatic idea. We have just been posted to Quebec (military) so I have been busy renovating and cleaning the house to try and get it on the market. Not as fun as riding bikes but it's still exercise :) I was also able to get out for a 45min walk yesterday with the stroller so doing good so far.
  • bsymonds
    bsymonds Posts: 12
    Options
    I love to hike and most kids do too! I went for a massive hike yesterday and was so puffed afterwards, you can also take bikes on most tracks as well if someone doesn't feel like walking :)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    make an obstacle course in the back yard
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    make an obstacle course in the back yard

Thanks, I love that idea....I usually just make them clean it up (definitely not as fun):happy:
  • baileygirl_5
    baileygirl_5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love getting the kids involved! What a great example and it gives you some nice time together. My boys are older but they still like to go for walks with me when I take our dog. She's getting old (sniff, sniff) so our walks have turned into slow, meandering trudges with lots of smell breaks. Not such great exercise anymore but we get in some nice talks .....

I joined an exercise studio in a nearby town and signed up for a twice weekly circuit workout class. With the winter weather in my area I have really only been going once during the week. A little snow it all it takes to deter me! Now with the snow hopefully behind us I plan on not missing a class this month and working out at home one time at home for three workouts.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    we challenge each other. a couple of our favorites: laps of stairs,for running, this would work best for just a couple stairs, or trying to walk as many laps in a row as they can in a certain amount of time, or more laps than their sibling.

M100's
    100 of each, no breaks, as quickly as you can
    burpees
    jump squats
    push ups
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    it's been really rainy here so we set up in house obstacle course (so much fun) even the 14 year old took part when he saw us running up the stairs, crawling under chairs and jumping over benches. Only a few bumps and bruises (need a bigger house) but definitely worth the fun. The reward for completion was Gatorade popsicles...yum!
  • Perezrachel
    Options
    My exercise the last couple of days has been snow shoveling. We have had quite a bit of snow here in Northern Colorado and don't expect it to end before tomorrow.