• rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great idea! We didn't I think of that

Thank you!
  • rubybeach
    Options
    I'm wondering if anyone has had a LO born tongue tied and had the operation? How'd it go?

I'm tongue tied and never had the surgery and wish I had.
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for thoughts on baby hats, especially with baby coming in July. Are they really necessary?
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't advise buying hats for a summer baby. My son was born the end of July, hated hats and it was just entirely too hot! My daughter was born in Feb, and hats still weren't a go to item for us.
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't advise buying hats for a summer baby. My son was born the end of July, hated hats and it was just entirely too hot! My daughter was born in Feb, and hats still weren't a go to item for us.

THANKS!
  • aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My son absolutely refused hats! That doesn't mean that all won't. If your baby is very fair skinned you may want to have at least one to protect LO's head.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My son was born in late January, and we live in SC, which has very mild winters. He only wore a hat for the first few weeks, and generally indoors. Obviously if it was chilly out, he'd get a hat.

This baby is due by the end of the month, so I doubt we'll need any hats, but since we do run air conditioning, I figure I'll keep the hospital hat on hand just in case.

But for outdoor use, don't bother.
  • samarieL
    samarieL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I never used mittens with my first four and don't think I will with this one either.

I just toss dirty disposables in our regular trash, we're a big enough family at this point that it gets taken out frequently enough that it doesn't smell the house up. But I did this even with my first.

For my first four babies a bouncy seat was absolutely indispensable. They slept in it during the day amidst the hustle and bustle of regular life.

I plan to just get a really dim bulb for the lamp we already have in our room for when this baby comes but I actually mostly just do what needs done in the dark. I have strangely good night vision.

I used the hot shower as pain relief with my only vaginal delivery. It was amazing so I can only imagine how much better even a jacuzzi would have been. Technically I was six cm dilated when I got the epi but I had been 9 3/4 cm before traveling to the hospital.

for mom care dermaplast is an absolute must. I wouldn't have survived recovery from my vaginal delivery if it hadn't been for that and frozen pads, oh man, they were amazing.

I only did hats when we were going out of the house. I never had my babies wear hats in the house. I've had two winter babies, a spring baby, a summer baby, and this one will be a fall baby.

I did find with central air that I sometimes had to dress my daughter warmer than if we were in the hot summer air outside.
  • SeamsSewWright
    Options
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Thanks ladies! :flowerforyou: