Diet

Options
BadAtitude
BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
I switched to Clean Eating (Tosca Reno) and PGX about a month ago. I lost some weight and feel more energized but living in a house of all males who only want to eat red meat is not condusive to eating clean. So some nights I make three dinners to keep everyone happy and me on track (I hate cooking to begin with so this is like punishment for trying to be healthier). What do you guys do?

Replies

• bsymonds
    bsymonds Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm trying clean eating as well (except today which is Easter in Aus, I snuck a couple of Easter eggs in). If I ever have to cook for people I try to cook in bulk so it lasts for a few days and saves the hassle of cooking every night. I'm lucky with the meat situation since I'm a vegetarian so I substitute a lot of what I'm cooking for other foods with tofu or mushroom based 'pretend' meats like the Quorn range and other vegetable based food that looks and has the texture of meat. Funnily enough most meat eaters enjoy it!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I've been eating healthier gradually for over a decade while still having our weekly frozen pizza night and keeping my portion reasonable when I'm losing. I was eating a ton of fruit and veggies, but i'm a few days into a high protein 'diet' now, to minimize muscle loss along with lifting heavy. I'm concentrating on getting 100g or more of protein from a variety of sources, healthy fats, and not too worried about the rest as long as my cals are ok and i'm satisfied from my meals. this is a complete reversal from eating less and less meat the last 4 months or so, and in many cases i'm just not a fan of a lot of meat, but I think it's going to help me progress much better so it's worth it. my challenge is making it budget friendly still working on that. chicken isn't cheap.