22 looking for support, juggling bulimia and college

Hi everyone.
I am 22 years old from Birmingham (UK) and i am looking to get to 131 lbs from 162 lbs. I have weighed this much before, but it only lasted a year. I suffer from bulimia, which you can imagine makes it hard to stick to any diet, so having a friend on here would probably be helpful. I am also currently attending college and need good grades to get to university, which is also stressful as many of you will know. Please feel free to add me if you think we can support each other.
Charlie

Replies

• DanniCB
    DanniCB Posts: 4
    Hi Charlie!

I'm Dannielle and i'm almost 22 :) I live in Perth (Australia) and I am looking to get to 60 kilos (132 pounds) from 83 (184.) I've slowly crept up to this weight ever since I left high school 5 years ago and started University, it's so hard to juggle Uni and everything and I understand how stressful you must find it!

I'm looking for support as well...I struggle with depression and over-eating so I think we may be able to support each other even though I don't exactly know what Bulimia must be like...I don't know anyone else trying to lose weight and manage all these sorts of issues...

Dannielle
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Hey, there! My name is Laura, and right now I'm trying to juggle college and family. I'm attending an online university, and I'm majoring in accounting. It's hard juggling college and anything, and my family (husband and two kids) has been going through a really tough time lately. All the best--we're here for you!
  • cathyc15
    cathyc15 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello!
    I totally understand what you are going through. I dealt with Bulimia a few years back now. I was going through an extremely rough patch in my life, and like you, was juggling so much that it seemed so out of control at times. Bulimia was all I had that seemed controllable. I was lucky because I was able to one day say enough is enough, and have never had any thoughts of relapsing since, and I know I'll never do it again. I still am struggling with over-eating like most people, but am trying really hard to get that under control, and by joining this site I've already started noticing positive changes in my attitude towards food, I finally feel like its a lifestyle, not a diet.
    I know how hard it can be, and I feel for you. Life gets so overwhelming sometimes, but I found what helped was doing stuff like journaling and talking with others (like you are doing right now), it helped me to get out of my own head and take a step back to see what I was really doing to myself. You've definitely come to the right place to help yourself fight it. Good on you for being honest about it :) it's hard to heal when you are hiding from others!

Cathy x
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Thanks everyone x