Introduce yourself!

Options
Artfulmamma
Artfulmamma Posts: 7 Member
I'm hoping that this group will be an interesting mix of people form all walks of life. So tell me about yourself, your job, your kids, your interests. I want to know!

As for myself:

I'm a working mom of two busy kids, a ten year old boy and a five year old girl. My son is such a mommas boy, always wants to make people happy, and very sensitive to every little thing. My daughter is a hurricane, gave me my first grey hair and is more like a bull in a china shop and is more of a daddy's girl. I have a great job that I love curating exhibits, teaching classes, and handling all marketing for a local non-profit arts organization. I've always been into the arts, painting, drawing, printmaking, mixed media, photography, you name it I've played with it. My hubby is a nurse and we've been married for about 12 years now, and every day it's a struggle to balance work, kids, and couple time as well as keep physical fitness goals in sight.

Tell me about you!

Replies

• dani2bkickin
    dani2bkickin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 31, married, have a beautiful 7 month old girl and today is the first day back to the gym in WAY too long!! I want to be able to keep up with my daughter and future kids too come. I sit all day dispatching and am exciting to get back in a healthy routine again!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am 37 wife and mother of 4 kids 17,14 year old boys,12,8 year old girls. I work full time.I try to get my workouts in everyday if I can get them in at 5am before kids school and my work.Working out it alot easier for me than eating right thats has been my down fall.I love to be part of this group to see how everyone plan there meals and try to eat healthy and feed the family foods they will also enjoy.
  • FloreceN
    FloreceN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am a full- time working mother of three children. I am a dental Hygienist. I work some 36 hours a week, which is considered full- time in the dental field. I have a 17 Year old daughter who is graduating from High School in May this year. I also have a 14 yr. old boy who keeps us busy with his scouting program & keep him motivated to stay on top of his school work. He will go int High School this fall. My youngest is a 11 yr. old daughter, who will be in junior high school this fall. I have been married 19 yrs. to the same man and father if my children. I struggle with motivation and finding time to exercise. I am so tired at the end of the work day and get up for work at 5:30 am with a 30 min. Commute to work. To get to work by 7:45 am. I get home from work most evenings 6:30 pm
  • williamsonday
    williamsonday Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am the forty-seven-year-old father of two girls, ages 7 and 9. I am an attorney with my own, newly-formed practice. Most of my clients are employees seeking redress after having been discriminated against on the job. Although my commute is shorter with my new job, I still spend quite a bit of time away from home, and I have trouble finding the time and motivation to exercise. At the same time, I believe that better health would make me both more effective on the job and more available at home. I would like to be able to spend not only more time but also better time with my wife and kids.
  • AFisher091391
    Options
    Hello, I am Ashley. I am a Full-Time mom of 2 beautiful boys ages 6 and 3. I work full time as a resident counselor in a group home. It is very hard with the kids, working, and being a full time college student to work in excersise and healthy eating. i am new to weight loss and how it works but i am willing to try anything! I am ready to get in shape and be able to run and play with my kids!
  • CJMommyof2
    CJMommyof2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom to two amazing kids; a 10 year old boy and 8 year old girl! I also work full time and when I am not working full time I am carpooling kids to and from all of their practices and activities, right now we have baseball 4 days a week, volleyball 2 days a week and basketball 3 days a week and soon we will have baseball 6 days a week once the season finally actually starts so we live a very busy life and most of my time is spent in a car getting kids to and from practices. I have struggled to find time to exercise and also find quick healthy snacks for my kids and I. I am really ready to get in shape and lose the extra weight.
  • Elpaw4mbv
    Elpaw4mbv Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bristow. Mom to two boys, ages 10 and soon to be 7. I work full time in IT Governance, Vendor Management to be specific. I work over 40 hours a week and both boys are involved in sports as well as cub scouts. We stay busy and it's hard to make the time to exercise like I should to lose this weight. With this lifestyle it can also be hard to avoid the fast food or eating on the go.

It is time to make the change and get this weight off. So far my kids haven't developed poor eating habits and neither of them are "joystick jockeys" - they love to be outside playing and on the move. I want to set a good example and I want to be able to keep up with them.
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi all, dad to two boys 5 and 3. Wife is a stay at home mom, and I work full time. I have been getting workout time before everyone wakes up.
    My wife looks like she did before giving birth to two kids and yet I gained! what gives? So that is why I am here.
  • DaveStreitmatter
    Options
    Hello, I am a 40 year old dad of 3 boys. I have gained 40 lbs in the last 10 years and my cholesterol is way out of control. I finally realized I need to be healthy for my wife and kids. I am attempting to log my food daily. Hoping these forums will offer some accountability and support!

Dave