Zombies Run! 2

Options

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try the first mission again. More chases, faster zombs meant I ran out of room and time (40 mins into my 30 min workout).
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just updated to season 2 (free) and bought the season pass for the new releases ($4.99 for the most expensive package since they are all 50% off this week). I'm happy to pay since they give me hours of entertainment, get my but off the sofa, and deserve to be crazy rich for being so clever.

I'm totally geeking out right now. I can't wait to go running.
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having problems with their website account since the update was released...? I can't log in.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Meh...my update caused crashing constantly. Had to uninstall & reinstall....lost EVERYTHING. Now not even the base on the site loads for me. I paid for the season pass & am pissed that there are only a few missions released each week...I do more than one a day sometimes so this is going to annoy me. I also hate the fact it slowed my phone to a crawl...an I had to download each mission.

Yeah so not only WAS I looking forward to running today with it.... but each time I open it & TRY to start a mission it crashed.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    That's a shame. Mine constantly crashes, but not during the one time I played.

I had a few items that I'd not yet used, I think for functionality of the new game, that's all that you have lost.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I just updated to season 2 (free) and bought the season pass for the new releases ($4.99 for the most expensive package since they are all 50% off this week). I'm happy to pay since they give me hours of entertainment, get my but off the sofa, and deserve to be crazy rich for being so clever.

I'm totally geeking out right now. I can't wait to go running.

I have no problem buying something, I do that almost every day obviously.

However, I had read on the official site, that I would not have to pay for Zombies, Run 2 because it would be an update. They neglected to mention the need to pay for content.

"Here's the new update FREE! (ha ha, but you'll have to pay if you want any missions to do!)"

Forum rules don't allow me to communicate how I feel about that approach to consumers.
  • Spiderjaime
    Spiderjaime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Their whole Free-if-you-already-have-it/ No-you-have-to-pay thing confused me too. And yes it was an expensive app to start with and now it's expensive again. But audiobooks are $30-50 and they don't get me to run. So I'm happy. If my money keeps them in business, it's worth it.

So EXCITED to run today! Been waiting for months to hear what happened!

Also someone was annoyed they are releasing it slowly. They claimed it was to keep us all together so we can discuss the storyline without worrying about spoilers. Kind of like a tv show. Interesting Idea. Not sure if I like it or not. We'll see.
  • suezensays
    suezensays Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well, damn...I just went to upgrade to 2, but it's not compatible with my Galaxy player...which only has Android 2.3.6 or something. And I'm too cheap to pay the monthly fee for a smartphone.

Looks like I'm stuck with the original for awhile.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    The Zombies, Run! blog has a short FAQ on Season 2, for anyone who's interested. They're talking about he loss of the Season 1 base, the crashing, and a few other things that might interest people here as well.

http://blog.zombiesrungame.com/post/48207229117/some-zombies-run-2-clarifications
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    I didn't like how now the Missions now have a "summary" below them... much preferred it when the next mission is only revealed after the completion of the one before. e.g. I now know what is gonna take place in S1 Mission 21 when all I've completed is S1 Mission 8. Feels like a spoiler to me :frown:

Part of me wishes that I didn't update - should have waited till I finish up with S1 before taking the next step... but ah well, since I've already done it, am looking forward to playing it (after am done with Z5K, that is!), and I know I'll :heart: it.

Quick question(s): does anyone knows whether it's possible to collect supplies & materials to build the base by playing S1 missions? If not, does that mean those who never done S1 and wish to do it 1st would have to wait till S2 to do anything construction?
  • IronSmasher
    Options

Also someone was annoyed they are releasing it slowly. They claimed it was to keep us all together so we can discuss the storyline without worrying about spoilers. Kind of like a tv show. Interesting Idea. Not sure if I like it or not. We'll see.

I'm not convinced that this has more to do with them releasing it before content is actually finished.

This brilliant approach has led to high demand on their servers (those that tried to use it on release probably noticed this) which will be a continuous problem every time they decide to sync us all up like this....
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Quick question(s): does anyone knows whether it's possible to collect supplies & materials to build the base by playing S1 missions? If not, does that mean those who never done S1 and wish to do it 1st would have to wait till S2 to do anything construction?

The blog I linked to earlier is blocked by my work's firewalls so I can't read it now, but I think I remember it saying something about the S1 base becoming unavailable after the update, due to the massive changes they've made to the base building mechanics.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

The blog I linked to earlier is blocked by my work's firewalls so I can't read it now, but I think I remember it saying something about the S1 base becoming unavailable after the update, due to the massive changes they've made to the base building mechanics.

but can you do S1 missions and those supplies add to your updated base? like if i start over from the very beginning, can i get those supplies to apply to my new base? since i bought a new phone and the new update, im going to start over and see if i missed or forgot anything.
  • IronSmasher
    Options

but can you do S1 missions and those supplies add to your updated base? like if i start over from the very beginning, can i get those supplies to apply to my new base? since i bought a new phone and the new update, im going to start over and see if i missed or forgot anything.

S1 base is viewable.

I'm sure I had S1 supplies left over that I added to the new base, so I would assume so (even though it makes no sense).
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Anyone else notice a large increase in both frequency and speed of zombs?
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have only done the first mision ...and with no chases..but could it be cause of the new "fast" zoms that Van Ark unleashed ?
  • dragon1ady
    Options

That was in the list of promised changes.
  • IronSmasher
    Options

That was in the list of promised changes.

Although I want to complain about the change, had to tack on an extra mile. I guess I'm going to be getting fitter :)
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

No, not at all. None at all, really. I've done the first three missions and the first side quest and I've only been chased once. Not once per time, just once total, and I got away from them easily. I was actually pretty disappointed, since I don't burn nearly as many calories when I don't get chased.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm only on Week 4 Workout 2 of the 5k Training which I want to finish before I start Season 1. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the Season Pass on sale again at a later date, because I am definitely not paying full price for it lol.