Besides losing weight, what is your April goal?

Options
Klem4
Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
What's your April goal, besides dropping some pounds?

I think mine is going to be to not eat out at all. Not one meal, not a Starbucks run, nothing. I usually do okay during the week, maybe going out once, but the weekends are when everything goes to heck. hah. I want to try and plan better for weekends. If we go out, take a lunch or whatever instead.

Anyone else have something they'd like to accomplish?

Replies

• BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    My main goal in April is to train hard for my Tough Mudder at the beginning of May. I need to seriously work on my upper body strength and whatever weight loss comes with that is great too.

I also need to focus on finding what works for me calorie wise, been getting the exercise but not seeing a drop of the scale, something has got to change.
  • Sharita0427
    Sharita0427 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My goal will be not to order out. I'm not going to say I won't go out, because lot of restaurants now have healthy contious foods & they also include the nutritional fact. Ordering out is a whole different story. Not only does it effect my waist line, but is also puts a dent in my wallet. I'm going to be sure that no one dime of my money goes to ordering out.
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get into a good exercise plan. I have the best of intentions yet something else always comes up. But for April I am going to do it and hopefully lose some inches that I never want back!!
  • shortie1am
    Options
    My goal is to bring healthier lunches to work and start up the C25K program again.
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My goal is to log EVERYTHING. I've really dropped off from doing that and when I do is when I lose the weight.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My goal for April is to get back into a regular exercise routine. We moved house two months ago and we've had so much to do that working out just hasn't happened - although I have lost weight with all the painting, decorating and general rushing around doing things! Today, I've done my first session on the cross trainer since we moved so I aim to continue with that and my Wii Fitness DVD's and get into a proper routine again.
  • brihodges
    brihodges Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My goal is to increase my endurance so my long runs are around the 8-10 mile range. With the weather finally getting nicer, I'll be able to get out and run more, which will hopefully help!
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My goal is to exercise more vigorously because I am so close to losing my 100th pound loss (5 lbs away) and making it to ONEderland (9 lbs away) Hoping the more vigorous exercise will help me do it!!

edited: My ticker says 96 pounds lost but I am back up one lb, so I really am 95 pounds lost!
  • Klem4
    Options
    These are great goals! I told my husband my goal, and he didn't sound too sure, haha, but we'll figure it out. I am determined!
  • bwnorton
    bwnorton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get into biking shape for the mountain biking I love to do on the Illinois and Wisconsin trails! I need to be able to crank out the 30 mile rides without being completely winded. So far, the end of March and the first week of April look good for riding. And yes, I would like to get to 180 by the end of the month using healthy eating.
  • pinksarahjane
    pinksarahjane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Is to carry on doing my walks and to make sure i log on here everyday
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My April goal is to complete the 30 Day Shred. Even if it is entirely modified! Any exercise is better than no exercise!
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My goal is to keep up with my half marathon training. I'm running 13.1 miles on May 4...hopefully :)
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    To get everything in order for graduation and my big move im praying to God will happen :)
  • cvillneauve
    Options
    My main goal for April is to finish out the elimination diet my doctor prescribed. My hope is that this will allow me the energy to do things I haven't been able to do as of late. This weekend was a success so we will see what the rest of the month holds. I guess that means my secondary goal for the month is to get off the couch. It doesn't have to be gym time, it could be simple things like cleaning my car out or getting my remodeling project for the camper under way. I also bought paint and supplies for my room months ago but haven't mustered the energy to do anything with it. Unfinished projects.....here I come!
  • sarahbw22
    sarahbw22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My goal is to finally make the switch to low-fat foods. I have been stubborn on giving up my real sour cream, mayo, and dressings. I use them pretty frequently, and I'm starting to get bummed out that they take up so much of my calories and fat for the day. So time to change that.
  • Klem4
    Options
    My goal is to finally make the switch to low-fat foods. I have been stubborn on giving up my real sour cream, mayo, and dressings. I use them pretty frequently, and I'm starting to get bummed out that they take up so much of my calories and fat for the day. So time to change that.

Don't give them up!!! Those are real foods, the reduced stuff lacks nutrients that the full fat/calorie ones have. I actually switched to full fat items, from 'diet' ones. I just use less, or less often. I do use 0% or 2% greek yogurt and my yogurt ranch dressing sometimes, but I think that's about it.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    My April goal is to prepare and cook my own foods for every meal and snack.
  • kstiffler10
    kstiffler10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is to finally buy the next size down slacks, the ones I wear now are huge but the next size down I feel like a sausage. I would also like to lose an inch of my waist.
  • lizp114
    lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stop going over my calories and get back on track, last week was really bad for me I went over my calories three days in a row. I went over yesterday as well to be perfectly honest with you guys, but today so far so good, gotta get back on track, I have no idea how I even fell off.