Introducing Myself

BOC57
BOC57 Posts: 44 Member
Hi fellow Cape lovers. I am on again off again with MFP but really trying to buckle down and get the job done this time. I was born on the South Shore over half a century ago, lived in F,L then NC and have found my way back to The Outer Cape where my mother currently lives. This move though welcome (who doesn't want to be here?) is fraught with all kinds of challenges. I've had weight issues all my life anyway but being here is a bit like being on vacation and I"m always having to fight that eat and drink what you'd like mentality. I'm chief cook and bottle washer at the house and my elderly mother needs to gain weight not lose! Her eating choice are, quite frankly, atrocious, but at 86 I believe you should get to eat however you'd like! My greatest challenge was in mid December when the sun was setting around 4:08 in the afternoon.........But spring is here! Hooray. My husband, who works remotely was able to join me here about 10 days ago and life is settling in. I joined the local gym, and shelled out the last of my secret tip money ( I was a massage therapist in NC) to get a personal trainer. I"m rehabiing an ankle injury as well and so getting in enough cardio is a huge challenge......Needless to say, transplanting suddenly to MA, leaving my work and life behind in NC has been a challenge on many levels. But I wouldn't trade this time with my Mother for the world and who knows, maybe some day I can make this a permanent move to the area......Hope this group activity will pick up as I can see it is quiet here. Good luck to us all!

Replies

• BethBent
    BethBent Posts: 16 Member
    Hi everyone, I live in South Yarmouth and absolutely love living on the Cape. I am the mom of three with my youngest turning 18 this wedensday. Oh, does it make me feel old. I rejoined mfp a few months ago and now am starting to join some groups. I love reading the threads and it helps me so much keeping on track. Thank you. Beth