Anyone else having problems???

I lost 20 pounds because of this! I mean I was trying to lost weight and I look great but Crohns wont let me eat! I am back on this site to help keep my weight and not balloon up again! Hopefully I will be able to eat again soon not just super small meals. I miss food. Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Hi! I also have crohns, with additional complications. Are you able to eat Greek yogurt at all? I really like Dannon Greek fruit on the bottom. With the added protein it keeps me moving, and I have found if I eat at least 1 container a day I have less issues with SIBO.
    Feel free to email me or add me as a friend. I have the opposite as you do, I need to lose weight. I spend almost a year on steriods and I am slowly working off all the weight.
  • macelmer
    macelmer Posts: 55 Member
    I have had CD for several years now, and I too go through periods of loss of appetite. I try to eat several high calorie snack throughout the day to supplement meal times when I hardly eat at all. Another good trick is to buy drinks that are high calorie. I am not sure if you have diet restrictions or not, but Bolthouse Farms makes great drinks that are high calorie and full of good fruits and vegetables. You can find them in most grocery stores in the produce section.
    I am on this site to gain weight, because I have been having difficulties since my surgery in Sept.
    As the other poster stated, feel free to email me or add me as a friend, if you want additional support in your journey.
  • chicagospeechie
    chicagospeechie Posts: 33 Member
    I went from a size 8-10 to a size 4-6 after my surgery this Feb (Crohn's disease caused a perforation, fecalization of my small bowel contents, abscess, and multiple obstructions).

I'm with you that I like the way I look better (I wanted to lose ~15 lbs before surgery) but weight loss from illness isn't quite as gratifying. I've started doing some yoga and strength training since surgery to reshape my body and feel stronger again--taking back control. :-)