Weekly Challenge Welcome Everyone!

Options
2»

Replies

• mamashel
    mamashel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Garbage to give up: Processed sugars
    Moving: Turbo jam videos at least 3X (already did Tuesday and very sore today)
    Inspirational Quote: Gluttony is an emotional escape, a sign something is eating us.
    ~Peter De Vries
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi

I woke up feeling dreadful this morning ate a bacon sandwich consisting of TWO slices of bread = Epic FAIL!!!

Sorry.
  • rachaelaldora
    rachaelaldora Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi

I woke up feeling dreadful this morning ate a bacon sandwich consisting of TWO slices of bread = Epic FAIL!!!

Sorry.

Thanks for being accountable! The main thing is you realized and move on. Done let one set back make the rest of your week :)
    Keep working
  • Renibee
    Renibee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Been at it, two days of no flour, this morning I almost caved when I was told it had no more oatmeal porridge and their bake was looking good and calling my name, I had to fight myself and took fried fish and steamed spinach/bhagi instead.

I went to the gym on tuesday (I did 25mins on eliptical machine and abs) and wednesday (did 1hour of zumba), today I plan on hitting the gym again.... I joined a new gym closer to home and I am loving that spare time it saves me....
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Three days down with no alcohol. A kudzu root supplement seems to really help me if anyone else has a struggle with this. It could be a total placebo effect, but I don't care as long as it works.

On a side note: I saw the Sentricon (termite killer) ad on the side here, and it was just showing a woman who is either super thin or the photo is squeezed horizontally, and the caption was "Today she dies." I thought it was going to be a public service ad for help with eating disorders. Yeesh.
  • CJMommyof2
    CJMommyof2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know I am so late to this party but here it goes:

Garbage- Dr. Pepper (worked out well because I gave it up Sunday and have been pop free for 4.5 days now)!
    Moving- Working out 20 minutes 5 days a week. I have three down, so only two more to go! It really helps having a stationary bike at home my husband bought me!
    Inspiration- I don't really have a special quote because I find most of them motivational but what my kids tell me is "Mom, we know you can do it because you can do anything!" that really helps push me!
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda this week and hope to stay away from it more permanently.
    I am aiming to climbing the stairs 2-3 times more than normal at work.
    "In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and chains. Nowadays we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale." Stephen Philips
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Inspiration? Well, I don't know how inspiring this is but I totally live by it "The key is to keep company only with those who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best" - Epictetus. Or as my chum says, "Life is too short to spend with folks who squish your happy"

Lol squish your happy....that's great :laugh:
  • mandeeluvsme
    Options
    i HAVEN'T EATEN MY BUTTER CROISSANTS & I'M WALKING FROM 86TH ST ALL THE WAY TO 96TH ST.
    I'M GONNA KEEP IT UP EVERYDAY IS A BETTER & EASIER DAY.

LET'S GET THESE POUNDS OFF.
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I met the challenge for this week. Completed all my physical training and had no alcohol Mon-Fri! So I'll just reiterate my inspirational quote, "Pardon me, I can't hear you over the deafening sound of my own awesomeness!" (Archer)

Huge high fives and chest bumps to everyone else who met the challenge.
  • vogelsan
    vogelsan Posts: 4
    Options
    Late to the game but challenge accepted.
    Garbage: cookies/cake (esp the ones in my freezer)
    Moving: get the gym at lunch 2 times this week
    Inspiration: You are what you eat and right now I am the marshmellow eggs I got for easter!