Dinner ideas?

Options
AliandTrev
AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
What's everyone having this week. I am in such a cooking rut nothing is sounding good to me right now. I have chicken breast, ground turkey, ground beef, beef roast and turkey burgers in my freezer at the moment. I also have leftover rotisserie chicken so chicken salad will be made tomorrow.

Replies

• LeahKRayas
    LeahKRayas Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help but I just bought huge package of chicken breast that I plan on cooking this week ( since I don't like to freeze my meat). So I have a ton of chicken I have to figure out what to cook with it!!!! Anyone have any good recipes for chicken breast????
  • RobertHendrix
    RobertHendrix Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had one of my favorite meals tonight, not sure really what to call it as was just trying to figure something out one night when hadn't been to the grocery store and did not have a whole lot left in the kitchen and turned out to be really good

1 package of Italian turkey sausage links
    1 spaghetti squash
    3 teaspoons Mrs Dash no salt added Southwestern Chipotle seasoning
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    Salsa

Boil the sausage links for 10-15 minutes. Cook the spaghetti squash in the microwave for 8-11 minutes (poke 4-6 holes in it to vent it and put it on a microwave safe plate as it will have liquid that comes out of it while cooking. Is done when can easily pierce with a fork). Once sausage is done boiling slice it and add it to a pan heated with the olive oil ( I have a cast Iron skillet that is about 25 years old so is super seasoned) add 1.5 teaspoons of the Mrs Dash and brown the sausage. While the sausage is browning shred the spaghetti squash and once the sausage is finish stir in the squash and add the remaining Mrs Dash. Cover and heat over med/low heat for 5 min.

I then spoon salsa over the top of it, however we have also been known to cover the top with shredded Mozzarella cheese and then bake it at 350 degrees for 10 min instead of heating it over the med/low heat and eat it with tortilla shells, sour cream, and salsa.

Edited to change from tablespoons to teaspoons (unless you really like it spicy lol) also here is the calorie data per the recipe builder. I calculate it as six servings as we like it enough that we each (my wife daughter and I) can eat two servings and that finishes it up.

sausageandsquash.jpg
  • amcmikel
    amcmikel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help but I just bought huge package of chicken breast that I plan on cooking this week ( since I don't like to freeze my meat). So I have a ton of chicken I have to figure out what to cook with it!!!! Anyone have any good recipes for chicken breast????
    I made baked lemon chicken last night.Super easy.Just sprinkle lemon pepper, cover and bake for about 30 minutes.