Sharing for encouragement and accountability

Options
amariecruz89
amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
1) What are some ways the Holy Spirit has helped you in this journey?
2) What is the Holy Spirit saying to you in this season of your journey?
3) What would you like prayer for most in this season?

Me:
1) I'm really thankful for how the Holy Spirit challenges me to push myself to workout or to workout harder, to eat right, and to know that He is proud of me. He has also blessed me with an a community of people who understand the struggles of this season and have been really encouraging. I like to think of this as worship to Him :)

2) I worry a lot about what the scale says. I realized I step on it a lot. I can tend to let my issue of weight distract me. Today the Holy Spirit said I need to fast stepping on the scale until the end of the month...this will be a challenge for me, but He is right. I am not what I weigh physically.

3) I would love prayer for peace. I have a lot of stressful things happening in this season. Stress has a negative impact on me physically, it makes me tired, I want to eat the wrong foods, I don't feel like exercising, I get emotional, etc. I want to walk in God's peace and strength in this season.

Replies

• kathiewoods3
    kathiewoods3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1. The Holy Spirit has also helped me with my getting up and doing my excercise each day, He helps me to make the right food choice when I listen to Him.
    2. That this journey can bring me into a closer relationship with God. That by letting him lead me I can win this battle but I have to depend on Him more than myself.
    3. That I would heed the Holy Spirit more and more each day. That I truely relize that I am not a number on the scale but I am what God wants me to be.
    Thank You for these questions they are really thought provoking and such an encouragement
  • ajnlee25
    ajnlee25 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1. Strength, endurance, and patience
    2. Focus on Christ
    3. To love God, and spend more time following Him. Treating my body correctly should naturally follow if I am following God to the best of my ability.