Day 2

mfpcopine
mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
Today will present a major challenge, there's an event for which someone buys several bags of cookies. I regularly consume hundreds of sugar calories on the day of this event and the following days, eating the leftovers. I intend to resist them this time.

BTW, someone in my family is having a birthday dinner at a restaurant in a few days. I will have dessert that day.

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    It will serve you well to take along a bag of nuts . Almonds especially almonds. I suggest having a couple of eggs before you leave as well. This helped me a whole lot in my first days of a no sugar diet.
  • mfpcopine
    It will serve you well to take along a bag of nuts . Almonds especially almonds. I suggest having a couple of eggs before you leave as well. This helped me a whole lot in my first days of a no sugar diet.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Day 2 is going well. I will admit, I cheated a little bit and had 1/4 of a gram cracker. Mmmm. I'm also really trying to stick to my calories for the day too which is something I haven't done in awhile. So I'm feeling kinda hungry. I know from experience that after a week or so, I won't have that "hungry feeling". So I just need to push through it, I've been probably eating 200-500 calories more than I should for quite some time!

I'm heading off to boot camp class in awhile, so I'll burn 800-900 calories doing that! I've got a pretty healthy dinner of home made chicken lettuce wraps planned for tonight. So I should be good for the day. We'll see in a couple of hours!

Keep up the good work!

- Mike
    Chicken lettuce wraps sound great! MMMMMMM........
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    today was a total bust. took my boys to the movies, i brought myself a snack, but then i just ended up munching on some reese's pieces. didn't have more than 1 serving though! but then other items in my day had sugar. oh well.. im not trying to eliminate completely, but stay closer to the 30-40 range.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Well I did it! I was right at 30 Grams for the day! And (with exercise) I was 692 calories UNDER my goal!! Actually, without exercise I was 12 calories UNDER my goal for the day. I don't know how that happened since I felt like I was eating all day!!

I have no plan for tomorrow except that I have some left over lettuce wrap stuff, so I will probably eat it.

Hope everyone did OK today. It's tough. I was staring at some Thin Mints in the freezer and I ALMOST took em!

- Mike
  • mfpcopine
    I did it. No added sweeteners, cookies, candy, pastries. I passed two plates heaped with cookies.
    Nice work! Don't you feel powerful? I do when I muster such control.
  • mfpcopine
    Nice work! Don't you feel powerful? I do when I muster such control.

I do feel good, but worry about a rebound effect, especially since it doesn't take much for me to regain the three or four pounds I keeping losing and regaining. Then again, eliminating sugar is usually a no-brainer way for me to create a deficit.