It's April, what's shakin?

Options
lunamare
lunamare Posts: 569 Member
Good morning, ladies.

So, yesterday was April 1, 2013 - really? We're already in April? I think at the end of this month I can file to get money back from my health insurance for being enrolled in the gym for 3 months. Of course, it's more like 4 years, but every year I submit and every year they blast me back some cash for "living healthy".

I had a chat with some girls I'm in a group with last week. I'm turning 40 this year. 40. As in no longer in my 30s. 4 decades. This coming from the girl who was so fit, the year I turned 30 I rowed in a charity boat in the Head of the Charles Regatta. 10 years and 2 herniated disks later, I'm up a good 10lbs at least from where I was at that time. I rocked a bikini well that summer, I want to do it again. I don't turn 40 until July. That gives me 3 months to get this *kitten* in gear and tighten it up. DH turns 40 this weekend. I have no idea what to give him as a gift :/ Epic fail on my part. Sorry, there's no Corvette or Boat that I can afford right this minute. I'll have to come up with an idea.

So, this week, I worked from home yesterday, the little one was sick. Today she has a doctor's appt so I dropped her at school and hit the gym. I have to get her in an hour and then head to the appt. Tomorrow I have meetings in the office farthest from home - boo! And she has school, CCD and lacrosse. Poor DH will be busy tomorrow. I think Thursday and Friday are normal days. Her first scrimmage is on Friday. If I really try, I can do well this week. I need to find the time to fit in my workouts. That's been my biggest challenge.

So what's up with you? What challenges lie ahead and how are you going to turn them into successes?

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    April came really fast! I think I'm going to try to kick my fitness into full gear this month and both double-up on my morning walks and increase my calories, since the lower number wasn't working for over two weeks. I'm also thinking about getting a higher model of HRM, just because. The Ft40 shows when heart rates are in the fat burning vs fitness zones, and I may need to know that for my goals. I'm not so much trying for fitness at the moment as opposed to fat burning, but I do want both. I just want them in a different order.

There's nothing very stressful going on around me at the moment *crosses fingers*. Work is going smooth and giving me enough slack during the day that I can work out at night, no drama at home, and I've even been able to go out to a club recently without passing out at 9pm. I've also put some money into new workout clothes to motivate myself to actually keep going rather than stopping, and *gasp* left the house for a walk in them as opposed to only walking around my work in scrubs. I'm weird about that, I guess, but I'm trying to get over it.

I have a move coming up in the undetermined near future and am making small (I'd say half-assed, but they're actually getting done this time) attempts to get rid of some things before I end up with boxes and boxes of stuff I won't want to unpack. I've gotten rid of two Borders-sized bags of books so far and a few shelf trinkets, but I have at least another bookshelf to go through... which may end up emptying the bookshelf. I've been acquiring a lot of crap over the years and really need to downsize. What's weird is that seeing the cleaner shelves is actually a little calming. I'm a bit unorthodox with what I consider organized, so seeing things like this is different. New body, new room, new year... bring it!

I hope your little one gets better fast! :flowerforyou:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You know, I have an inexpensive Timex HRM that I like, but I have to reset the target zones. I set it up when I bought it and they're too high for me. Some days I get in a great workout and it says I never reached my target zone.

Good for you for getting out and having some fun! We made it through last week alive. Looking forward to this week.