Time?!?!

Options
dani2bkickin
dani2bkickin Posts: 29 Member
What is that?!?! How do you find time to work out??

My Husband and I have it worked out that he picks up our daughter, most days, from daycare so I can go to the gym right after work. Blow off some work steam, and then come home be relaxed, settled down and ready for family time.

Replies

• PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Well, my husband works from Noon until nine every night. So after working for eight (sometimes more) hours I go pick her up, come home and juggle taking care of her, cleaning, cooking, giving her a bath, etc., etc,. At one point it was ALL way to much for me. So I had to stay on some sort of schedule. I started preparing and freezing all our meals. So I only had to throw something in the crock pot every morning. I also do not even attempt working out until the little one has been asleep for fifteen minutes.
    Sticking to an exact schedule with a year old is near to impossible, but having a sort of guideline of what I need to accomplish and in priority has helped me soooo much. At this point, there is nooo way I think I would be able to swing working out at a gym. I have a bunch of things at home including a bench, oly bar and weights, dumbbells, exercise balls, etc. and I follow NROLFW 3 days a week and also throw some cardio DVD workouts in there a few times every week.
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The best thing for me at this point is to fit in exercise on my lunch break at work. There is a trail close by the office so I can go running or walking. I alternate days with doing DVDs at home, which are usually mixes of cardio and strength training. I just got Jillian Michaels' Killer Buns and Thighs, I'm excited/scared to give it a try, hopefully tonight!

I don't get home from work until around 7pm, and then I spend an hour with the family until the kiddo goes to bed at 8pm. By then I'm always so tired, which is why I only do home workouts a couple days a week, I know it would be too much to do them everyday. And I'm usually ready to get out of the office and exercise by noon, anyway!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    My husband has been a great support through my journey. He takes the kids for an hour, three times a week. He'll often do grocery shopping while I'm in the gym and then swing back to pick me up. He's the one who actually got me started at the gym (I like to tell the tale because it's such a huge moment in my life) when he signed me up to work out with his colleague to help her win a contest. I was livid! I did it because I felt put-upon, but it turns out it's the best thing that could have happened to me because now I've been working out with my trainer and her group for a year and I'm one of her assistants! Looking forward to seeing where the next year gets me!
  • tsanders6504
    tsanders6504 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out the best time for this!! I WISH I could get my butt out of bed in the morning before my girls get up (ages 3 and 6), but most mornings I just feel too tired. I have worked a later shift the last couple of days because my daughter is on Spring Break and have been home later in the morning- I am REALLY hoping this gives me an energy jump start that makes me want to continue once I am back having to get us all out the door by 8:30 AM again...
  • KatieTee83
    Options
    My husband has been a great support through my journey. He takes the kids for an hour, three times a week. He'll often do grocery shopping while I'm in the gym and then swing back to pick me up. He's the one who actually got me started at the gym (I like to tell the tale because it's such a huge moment in my life) when he signed me up to work out with his colleague to help her win a contest. I was livid! I did it because I felt put-upon, but it turns out it's the best thing that could have happened to me because now I've been working out with my trainer and her group for a year and I'm one of her assistants! Looking forward to seeing where the next year gets me!

HA! What a little sneak he is. Glad it turned out to be so amazing!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky in that my mother in law (who's vey nice and tolerable) lives down the street and he likes to watch my 8 week old while I go out for a walk. On Sundays my husband will take over while I go to the gym in our building. And there's also nap time :)
  • CJMommyof2
    CJMommyof2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh...time! How it flies by. Between everything my kids and I do I never used to have time to work out, at least that is what I always told myself to give me an excuse, but now, I make the time. If my kids have practice, instead of watching I go outside and walk around the school or I wait until I get home and I ride on my stationary bike(which my husband bought me for Christmas) while watching a show on TV. I stopped making excuses and just make it happen. If it is getting late and I haven't worked out yet I force myself to get on the bike and do at least 20 minutes. Today I am booked solid from 7am until 10pm with not much time so I am going to fit a workout in by walking at lunch and I am also hoping to get to my evening appointment early so that I can walk the parking lot for a little bit. I am hoping to get 30 minutes of walking in at least today. Sometimes it is really hard to find the time but I really try and push myself to get creative and make time!
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I do my cardio first thing in the morning 3 or 4 days a week (about 30 minutes) & my strength training on breaks at work twice a week (about 20 minutes) using resistance bands. I started doing the morning workouts during this last pregnancy and fell in love with it. Now don't get me wrong it is hard as hell getting up earlier but the positives of it make it worth it. Before that for years and years I would always do it right after work, of course that was pre-kids, & then when I had my 1st child my DH would pick her up from daycare like yours does a few times a week. I could always have that option now too but I love my morning workouts!
  • KatieTee83
    Options
    I do my cardio first thing in the morning 3 or 4 days a week (about 30 minutes) & my strength training on breaks at work twice a week (about 20 minutes) using resistance bands. I started doing the morning workouts during this last pregnancy and fell in love with it. Now don't get me wrong it is hard as hell getting up earlier but the positives of it make it worth it. Before that for years and years I would always do it right after work, of course that was pre-kids, & then when I had my 1st child my DH would pick her up from daycare like yours does a few times a week. I could always have that option now too but I love my morning workouts!

I was doing morning workouts for a while, it was great. I really should get back to it, it really does set up your whole day to be awesome!