Outside exercise?

Options
Alyssah09
Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
Hello ladies!

So I am from Lemoore (Central California) where the average temp in the summer is around 113. It feels like you are literally walking in to hell every time you step out of your door. This year is suppossed to have record breaking temps for heat and I am at a loss what to do for outside exercise? I have a 3 year old and will have a new born in July and I LOVE being outside, walking, bike riding, ect. The gym is not an option right now because of the two little ones and I will have a c section so no "extreme exercise" for 6 weeks or so. Do you ladies have any suggestions as to what I can do to stay in shape (or get in shape) while being at home? Thanks so much ladies.

Replies

• smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I know everyone has mentioned the pool but that is what i would do. Also, I've started doing my runs at night/ early evening. That has been cooler and nice.
  • Jenniferlynnmcc
    Jenniferlynnmcc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My sister told me she has some favorite YouTube workout videos that she turns on at home. May be worth taking a look! :) Jen
  • dawnkryger1
    dawnkryger1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I wish I was of some help. I just moved to the area last may (Merced-Chowchilla) still the valley. I came from Monterey County where the weather is always perfect. I thought I was going to die in the summer :( it does not help that I work in agriculture and walk around in the fields at 100 + weathera)..and then run back to the truck for air conditioning. BTW I do food safety so I have to be looking at the product in the field. Anyway, we dont have a pool but we have a water hose and sprinkler, the kids and I run through the sprinklers with the dogs all the time when it is HOT..I do not know if I will ever get used to this heat..YUK:noway:
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! I will look in to the youtube videos and the gym on base has a lap pool that is open pretty late, I might be able to go swim laps after the monster child (toddler) goes to bed.

Dawn, tell me about it. I have been in Lemoore for 12 years. I still am not used to the heat. We go up to Madera and Chowchilla often actually! Crazy that we are so close :) I just hate how hot it gets here :(