Biological clock... is broken?

Options
Tube_socks
Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
I'll be 34 in exactly a month from today. Instead of worrying about my biological clock ticking away and how I'm "running out of time", I'm worried that my clock is broken. I'm not feeling the fear of not setting down soon/ kids.

Granted, I'm divorced. I was married for a bit over 10 years but no kids (thank God) came out of it. So I've been there, done that as far as big wedding, bought house, etc.

I think I'd love to get married again,and even have a kid or 2. But I keep thinking "eh, I have plenty of time" when in reality I don't.

So is it broken??? Seems my biological clock was louder, going strong when I was married and in my 20s vs now!

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    maybe you forgot to change it at daylight savings?
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'd trade you... mine's in overdrive.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Overdrive here, too. LOL
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Better start making some babies ladies.

As for OP, if it isn't a big deal don't sweat it?

Some people don't have kids. With the way the world's population is growing it really isn't a bad thing either?
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I read a great article yesterday about marriage, and women and men alike panicing that we are still single in our 30's and 40's...

http://www.000relationships.com/tomen/newsletters/single-professional-women.php

I realize that this doesn't take into account that having kids past a certain age can bring about medical issues, but thought I'd share.

I don't want more kids myself, but I'd love to get married and at almost 33 I feel the pressure too... well it's not pressure perse, but it's annoying there doesn't seem to be any good ones left!
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    SmileeBarbFLA Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm 35 with no kids (by choice). I don't have baby fever either. My best friend had baby fever in her early 20s and wanted kids the second she got married. Everyone is different and your focus is just elsewhere now. My attitude is if it's meant to be it will be. When I'm settled and have a husband, "if" I get pregnant, great! If I'm one of those not meant for kids that's okay too. Everything happens for a reason. Nothing is 'wrong'... :flowerforyou:
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 with no kids (by choice). I don't have baby fever either. My best friend had baby fever in her early 20s and wanted kids the second she got married. Everyone is different and your focus is just elsewhere now. My attitude is if it's meant to be it will be. When I'm settled and have a husband, "if" I get pregnant, great! If I'm one of those not meant for kids that's okay too. Everything happens for a reason. Nothing is 'wrong'... :flowerforyou:

Great transformation by the way!
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    SmileeBarbFLA Posts: 138
    Options
    Great transformation by the way!

Thank you!! :bigsmile: