NYC Greenmarkets

Options
Hi_Im_Jess
Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
It's that time of year again, The NYC Greenmarkets are starting to open up allover the place. (only a handful are year round)

Here's a list of all markets:
http://www.grownyc.org/greenmarket/ourmarkets

Replies

• randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yup => UNION SQUARE ... woot :bigsmile:
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    Yup => UNION SQUARE ... woot :bigsmile:

I've actually never gone to that one, I'll have to make a point to go this year. I'm checking out the one in Forest Hills on Sunday!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    partially because I saw they have wine :D
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    LMAO ... I'm totally a lush so I understand. I can walk to the one at Union Square and there is a Barnes and Noble and Sephora *gasp*

Your bike is awesome BTW
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options

You just reminded me I have a $25 gift certificate for Sephora! Now I have even more of a reason to go.
    I also really like the whole foods over there, we don't have any in Queens.. at least none that I know of.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I :heart: the greenmarkets.

I go to the Union Sq one on my lunch break some times. I am also a total nerd and will bring scraps to compost. I'm so excited to see more vendors popping up and more fresh produce (and flowers)! Yay Spring!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    I didnt make it yesterday but hopefully next weekend, maybe there will be new ones opening up. I havent found any really great ones in Queens yet.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Sunset park. Every corner. $7 will get you 3-4 grocery bags of froots & veggies. INCLUDONG CHERRIES
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone to that one... usually go to Union Square. I definitely have to make my way to Sunset Park one of these days.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    frustrated. WANT IT NOW.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sunset park. Every corner. $7 will get you 3-4 grocery bags of froots & veggies. INCLUDONG CHERRIES

So true! Last night I hit up my local produce place. Strawberries, bananas, broccoli, celery, a yam and an onion = $7.35
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    It looks like I'll have to check out sunset park then!
  • starz272
    starz272 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love the union square one! Healthy and good for you meat is sooo expensive though :(!

Another plus to the union sq location is that I can also stop by trader joe's :)
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    The one in Forest Hills pretty much sucked lol.