Introduce yourself!

Options
Hi_Im_Jess
Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
I'll get this thread started:

My name is Jess, I'm 26.
I grew up in and still live in Queens.
I'm here to work on my overall health, not necessarily to get skinny.
I enjoy cycling, Im getting back into it (havent rode all winter) Always looking for a new Greenway to check out.
Not a whole lot to tell here, I mostly work (medical assistant)

Share whatever you'd like about yourself!

Replies

• McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Hannah and I'm 27, I live in Sunset Park in Brooklyn with my fiance and have been in NYC for 4 years. I love to lift weights and walk/hike. I have asthma and cannot run even if I'm being chased by zombies or rabid dogs or whatever. I bike occasionally but my bike is an awful one-speed so I need to upgrade. My goal is to lower my body fat percentage to the point where I'm comfortable in a bikini in public, and to feel good enough physically to be able to climb mountains with my guy!
  • nolitar82
    Options
    Hi My name is Nola, but my friends call me Nolita. I am a Bronx gal. I am far from physically fit and would like to become healthier to be able to be a better daughter, wife and mother. Thanks for the invite!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am Andrea, age 37 & live in Kensington Brooklyn & work in Soho.

I am trying to get back in shape post-baby (who's now a preschooler). I am also trying more clean eating, and trying to find new ways to stay active.
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is carlos. I am 48 and live and work in the Bronx.

I have just lost about 77 pounds and feel great. I am here still trying to lose a few more pounds and achieve being in the best health of my life. I am also here to encourage and help people that feel a little lost in this hazy world of weight loss. This is my second time losing this amount of wieight and my last time, I hope. I have learned a lot from my 2 crusades against my weight and hope to continue to improve on this issue - and help anyone that is willing to listen. and yes, it is free. I do it because I get a lot of pleasure in seeing a person achieve their weight loss goal and I can fully empathize with them because I have been there.

So, lets get the party started and lets help each other and support weach other. We all know that sometimes good supporters are hard to find uin this world of weight loss. :smile: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Jorge and I grew up in Queens, currently reside in Brooklyn and work in Midtown.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    So nice to meet everyone! :heart:
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Sarah here, living in Brooklyn working in SoHo (hi Andrea).
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm Destiny!

I live in Midtown West, work in Midtown East.

I take the city for granted, especially now that I live in Manhattan. I want to stop doing that.
  • Barnes2510
    Options
    Hi I'm Shanique I live and work in the Bronx. Trying to get in shape and be healthy.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm Rob, born and raised in Queens, currently live in Long Island and work in Midtown!

Feel free to add me if you are looking for some support!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm Rob, born and raised in Queens, currently live in Long Island and work in Midtown!

Feel free to add me if you are looking for some support!

pay no mind to me, Im just his stalker.
  • Peechiz12
    Peechiz12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    HELLO NEW YORKER'S.... Brooklyn here.

Born in Manhattan, raised and work in Brooklyn.
  • My1ittlefattie
    My1ittlefattie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I am Tracey and I am 26 years old... Born, raised, and residing in the Bronx!

I have always been active and sporty but life has gotten the best of me these past three years with school and work. I've gained about 25 pounds and I am putting a stop to it!!! T
    rying to get back into running, and rollerblading.
    I started eating clean in January and just started MFP last week... I love it!! It has all my foods and is so easy to use...

::Fingers crossed::
  • nykkat
    nykkat Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi! I'm Katy!

I'm 18 and live in the Upper West Side, but sometimes I stay with my dad in Long Island City, but I go to school in downtown brooklyn. I'm basically all over the subway map. Glad I found a group dedicated to the best city in the world :)
  • nykkat
    nykkat Posts: 30
    Options
    PS, anyone go to New York Sports Clubs?
  • NellyVillegas
    Options
    Hi Everyone My Name Is Nelly Villegas
    I From Bronx Ny But I been currently Living in Queens East Elmhurst, NY since March 18
  • LisaBella70
    LisaBella70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lisa Iam 43 years old, Short, Italian woman from Bronx, NY. I live in Country Club and Pelham Bay all my life. At my highest weight I was 290 pounds and a walking time bomb. I had high blood pressure, cholestrol, minor heart problems, troubled walking and breathing. I had my first WLS surgery on June 13,2006 at Lawrence Hospital by Dr. Daniel Davis.. I had started to have problems with my band and just at that time he left the hospital and moved out of state. I needed a new doctor and I was not doing well. My cousin who worked as a ER nurse at NYU Langone Medical Center then got me in touch with the weight loss surgical team and I met with Dr. Marina Kurian. I met Dr. Marina Kurian in June of 2012 and we had a great connection. She also did Al Rocker's surgery more than 10 years ago.. I had my Gastric Bypass surgery on October 9,2012 I was 258 and Iam now 185 and losing. Found out when she removed my band I had a undetected hernia that was under my band all these years. I went from a size 26/28 to almost now a size 14. I do Zumba, walking Pelham Bay Park track and walking paths. I am starting to do a kick boxing dvd. Iam working out on my own and looking for a workout partner in my area. I want to join a gym can't afford it right now. Planet Fitness is afforable but I want to try to take different classes which it does not offer. Iam very outgoing, friendly, good hearted woman who loves to cook and bake. Right now been a stay at home mom since my son was born prematurely in 2002, he is prefectly healthy now but with hubby and mom still working full time I am the sole care giver. I have to be here to get him after school from school bus at 2:30. I need to be home when he off from school or sick. I am actively looking for work part-time for now until my mom retires in August and can take care of him for me. In the mean time taking care of me. Iam looking to make new friends who have had the Gastric Bypass or Lapband and live near me. Lets meet.... Iamalso on facebook at Lisa Hall( Iazzetti) and on twitter as LeeBxBella..
  • LisaBella70
    LisaBella70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My profile pic was take on Friday, May 10,2013 Iam now 7 months post-op from Gastric Bypass Surgery..
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Options
    My profile pic was take on Friday, May 10,2013 Iam now 7 months post-op from Gastric Bypass Surgery..

Wow you look great! Congratulations on the amazing weight loss :smile:
  • MommaBird07
    MommaBird07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie, I'm 23 and I'm a new stay at home mom. I live in Queens and after a couple false starts I'm on my way to being fit and active. I'm currently doing cardio kickboxing classes that I bought off livingsocial. My fitness dream is to run a marathon one day.