Logging 3DS in MFP

Options
active0health
active0health Posts: 20 Member
So how do you log your 30 day shred workout on mfp? I don't want to over estimate or underestimate my workout. I know my legs feel like jelly today too after L1D3.

Replies

• JenniBfit
    Options
    Yesterday was day 2 or 3 of Level 2. I've never actually had sweat drip off my forehead before so this is a new experience for me, LOL! I love it though, I really do. Today, I didn't to it... yet but I went for a walk/run but am hoping I can get to it later tonight.

I found Level 1 was incredible for results. I did it over 2 and a half months as I said before, alternating between that some days and the "6 weeks to a 6 pack" on others. Day 1 of Level 1, I couldn't do 2 push-ups on my knees. When I did the "6 pack" one, I couldn't do the side plank without collapsing. I remember at one point, I think it was during the mountain climbers, yelling at Jillian (as if she could hear me) to count me out. I needed to know how much longer because I felt like I was going to die. By the end of the two months, I could do the whole of level one and before the cool down, I would pause it, do 5 minutes of some arm/ shoulder exercises Jillian has a quick how to video of, 25 push-ups, 50 crunches and 80 side and back kicks similar to kick boxing. I'm not writing this to brag at all, just to say if you're sore or tired, hang in there, you will be amazed at the power you really have to do it.

Here's what I found to be my biggest motivator. Diabetes and Depression run through my family and my mom is overweight and has really struggled with it. She really lacks the discipline to eat healthy, regardless of how it affects her health. My weakness is sugar. It was out of control and because of that, my kids were getting out of control. I want to do everything I can to prevent me getting Diabetes and I was feeling awful about how much sugar was in my kids' diet. If they got Diabetes, it would be my fault. I started months ago thinking about how to start. I've tried before but never stuck with it. I quit smoking about 10 years ago, cold turkey, having smoked between a pack to 2 sometimes and while that was very hard, not at all like the sugar addiction. But I knew before I started on my kids, I would have to focus on number 1. So I looked up youtube videos of Jillian Michaels. One of the things that came up was The Biggest Loser Australia, season 2. Now Jillian and Bob aren't the trainers in this one (they come for a week but not in the beginning) but I thought I would give it a chance. Over the next few weeks, I was addicted to watching these people work so hard to lose their weight. They were more than motivating. One guy Damien who was almost 400 lbs. I believe was the most determined person I've ever seen. I'm not overweight. I had extra weight, about 25 lbs. but mostly, I was out of shape. I watched this show thinking if these people could do it, I could. At one point, in teams, they're harnessed to planes and had to pull them. Damien at one point was pulling so hard, he was almost on his hands, I was in tears, awed by the shear strength in his head to push on. I kept telling myself that what I'm trying to achieve is a cake walk compared to what these inspiring people do. On another season, one man found out he had diabetes, by the end, he was completely off his medication, he was no longer Diabetic and there was no sign of ever having Diabetes. I learned so much too watching these shows. Now, I keep a very healthy diet, allowing my self to have treats from time to time because after all, I don't want to diet, I want to eat healthy and get to and maintain a healthy weight and level of exercise. So to say I will never have a treat again won't work. But other than my treats, I have almost eliminated sugar from my diet except fruit and now I'm working on my kids. We've banned Bear Paws and Granola bars. I tried making homemade snacks at home last year but my daughter hated everything so I caved and went back to Bear Paws. About 4 weeks ago, I just said I am never buying Bear Paws or granola bars again and we will just keep trying new recipes until we find something. The first recipe I tried was a winner! We made a few changes but it has no milk, no wheat, no eggs and.... NO SUGAR (well, natural sugar) other than some chocolate chips but I can live with that. If that's the only refined sugar they get, I'm good.

I know I'm rambling on but these shows inspired me. Do whatever you need to to keep motivated and give it your all. And I just wanted to share my story. I find it motivating to share and read others successes and challenges. I hope I haven't bored you all to tears, I suppose you would have stopped reading, LOL! Would love to hear your stories.

Cheers,
    Jenni
  • kimerz7
    kimerz7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been logging it as circuit training, 20 minutes. That's my best guess without a heart rate monitor.
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've been logging it as circuit training, 20 minutes. That's my best guess without a heart rate monitor.
    Ditto!
  • spookygirl67
    spookygirl67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too! Sounds like it should be in the ballpark.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Ditto!

Yep, I log it as circuit training as well.