Can't get back on the wagon!!!

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
UGH! I am so frustrated..... I knew I should have never indulged in easter sweets! Now I can't stop ....AGAIN! You can liken this to a recovered alcoholic trying to stop at just one drink. I have to get my mojo back! Maybe I should fast for a day. That usually helps.... if I can stop stuffing my face long enough that is! Who else has trouble getting back in the saddle after committing a dietary felony?

Replies

• MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Throw it in the trash!
    Throw it in the trash!

IT's gone, all but the kids easter candy and I don't eat that. But I manage to find other food around here to gorge on. Geesh! I quit smoking after 15 years, surely I can beat this too!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Who else has trouble getting back in the saddle after committing a dietary felony?

I try not to mix metaphors, or to be be overly dramatic. I did well the first two days, but I've had cookies the last couple of days. I'm sure that being tired is part of the reason for my craving. Sugar is a quick fix.

I can't just throw them out, they're not mine. I would if I could, or at the very least, would put them way out of sight.
  • mfpcopine
    Throw it in the trash!

IT's gone, all but the kids easter candy and I don't eat that. But I manage to find other food around here to gorge on. Geesh! I quit smoking after 15 years, surely I can beat this too!

The Easter chocolate I used to get as a kid was waxy and tasteless. I'm sure I got sick form two many marshmallow chicks. Fortunately, candy from that season is not a particular temptation, except for jellybeans, which we have year round.
  • MikeInAZ
    When you're feeling tired or hungry, go find a private place (like behind the office, a bedroom, a conference room) and do some quick cardio exercise. Some jumping jacks, high knees, bunny hops, etc. Then do 10 push ups!! Then follow it up with a big glass of water and piece of sugar free gum or a mint or something! I bet after 2 quick minutes of getting your heart rate up, you won't feel so bad.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Try having yogurt with stevia. Gives a sweet treat but no added sugar. When my cousin gets chocolate cravings, she'll mix some plain Greek yogurt, baking chocolate (baking chocolate has no sugar if I remember correctly) and stevia together and eat that. Or maybe ask someone to back you up on it? I have times where I feel like I'll gorge on sugary things as soon as I get a chance and on those days I tell my boyfriend to kung-fu chop the freaking brownie right out of my hand if he has to. And I second the sugar free gum vote.
    Who else has trouble getting back in the saddle after committing a dietary felony?

I try not to mix metaphors, or to be be overly dramatic. I did well the first two days, but I've had cookies the last couple of days. I'm sure that being tired is part of the reason for my craving. Sugar is a quick fix.

I can't just throw them out, they're not mine. I would if I could, or at the very least, would put them way out of sight.

No sense of humor eh?
  • my co-worker brought candy to our meeting today,,before i even thought about it i had a couple of pieces aaaggghhhh
  • MikeInAZ
    my co-worker brought candy to our meeting today,,before i even thought about it i had a couple of pieces aaaggghhhh

Bad Habits are hard to break. My kids opened up some chocolate from the Easter Bunny today. I thought, oh I'll just have 1 little piece. Umm, yeah, wasn't just 1. Glad I got Boot Camp in an hour!
  • mfpcopine
    When you're feeling tired or hungry, go find a private place (like behind the office, a bedroom, a conference room) and do some quick cardio exercise. Some jumping jacks, high knees, bunny hops, etc. Then do 10 push ups!! Then follow it up with a big glass of water and piece of sugar free gum or a mint or something! I bet after 2 quick minutes of getting your heart rate up, you won't feel so bad.

I dunno. I was returning home at 2 in the morning, walking briskly with heavy bags when I decided I wanted the cookies I'd been avoiding.