When life happens

Options
nancycaregiver
nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
Ok. So I love Lent because I work on my relationship with God! And I go to retreats and our annual spirit filled youth trip. I am so moved during these events and I find so much peace in them. I want so badly to stay in that place! Then I come home and life happens. I have a husband and children (only one left at home now). I have a job and responsibilities. I have bills and obligations. How do I keep that Spirit burning everyday? Why does it have to be so hard in my day to day life to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus? I guess that is why we have these retreats...to help us get back to facing in the right direction!

Replies

• grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I like sneaking out of the house in the early morning while everyone is still sleeping to do an hour of Eucharistic adoration. That little bit of time spent with the Lord makes such a difference.
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Set aside a time every day when you stop everything you're doing and pray. Make it 3-5 minutes, but do it.
    Train yourself to see God in all things.
    Retreats should give you the tools to go back to "real life" being able to continue what you did there.