Rumor: Jazzercise MFP app!!!!!

Options
jillica
jillica Posts: 554 Member
Don't know if this is official, but did anyone hear "Coming Soon…Jazzercise Fitness Tracker
The Jazzercise team is working with MyFitnessPal to develop a Jazzercise fitness app that will track number of classes, calories burned, weight loss and nutrition information all in one place. This app is soon to become your best fitness companion! Stay tuned for details…"

VERY EXCITING! Maybe no more "slimtastics" listed along with Jazzercise! Seriously, I have never heard of slimtastics! Why did it get grouped with Jazzercise.

Replies

• daisyterp
    daisyterp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This would be awesome. I just friended a class manager from the jazzercise center I go to, and she said she logs a jazzercise class in as only 45 minutes. I would love a more "accurate" way to track jazzercise.
  • kistockman
    kistockman Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    wow....this would be great!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed. This would make my year.
  • Tawna2017
    Tawna2017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That would truly be a god send and end all the guesswork.
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was tired of the guesswork, too, so I bought a heart rate monitor/calorie counter to wear in class. I typically burn between 650 and 830 calories in an hour of regular Jazzercise. One morning I did an hour regular class and then Body Sculpting right after - it registered 1330 calories burned!
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Any more word on this? I was so excited and now I feel let down. I need information!!
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I have a Bodymedia Fit armband and I just joined Jazzercise and did a couple of classes wearing one. I have arthritis in my knee so im doing low impact and I've burned an average of 350 calories per class. I'm sure if youre jumping youre burning more. I love knowing the number. Helps so much :)

I used to do Jazzercise but decided to give some other stuff a try. No matter what classes I took it all just came down to them not quite ever being Jazzercise so I signed back up even though I have to do it with a knee brace now. I feel like I just get a better workout than any of the other classes I tried.
  • peanut1012
    peanut1012 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea to me. Any word on this app? :laugh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Need more information......Where is my Jazzercise app.....I NEED this.....
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was tired of the guesswork, too, so I bought a heart rate monitor/calorie counter to wear in class. I typically burn between 650 and 830 calories in an hour of regular Jazzercise. One morning I did an hour regular class and then Body Sculpting right after - it registered 1330 calories burned!

That's it. I'm buying a dag nam HRM. Friggity frack. I teach an hour of jazzercise and do bodysculpting every Sunday. I wonder where I am truly at with those pesky calories anyway! I was just logging 700-750 depending on my sweat factor. :)
  • rubyji0
    rubyji0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, when I put in an hour of Jazzercise, MFP only calls it 357 calories. I know it's lower than for my friends because I'm only 5 feet tall, but now I think maybe it's under-counting.

Heart rate monitor, huh? Hm...