I am New to this Program!!!

Options
Hello my name is Carrie I am 28 years old I have 5 children, 4 of them our mine and 1 step son, but in our family we dont beilf in the word step. I have an 8 year old daughter, a seven year old son and twins that our 5 years old. My oldest son is 16. We has a family have been growing in the word of Christ. Just wanted to find some support, after I had the twins I just lost control of my body didnt really care about myself. But now I am not only doing this for myself but for my family. When you weigh 240 and you are only 5'2 it is hard on your body, (Physical and Mental) Was just looking for strong women in faith for some support, because with out God you can not achieve your goals in life.

Replies

• lesliebritt05
    Options
    My heavens, I commend you on 5 children. I have a three year old boy and some days I do not know how I manage. I too am 5'2. When I had him I weighed 205 so I know how you feel. He is 3 and I still have 10 lbs to go. I did not get serious about losing weight until after his 1st birthday and I saw a picture of myself. I started walking with Leslie Sansone on ExerciseTV on Demand, and was completely out of breath. I kept doing it every day. Then I cut out diet soda, then went the "bad" snacking. I now have a collection of her dvds and have lost 70 lbs. It did not come off all at once, but I kept at it and it did. Praying gives me strength. I recommend her book "Walking With Faith". It is really motivating. You can do it! It's hard, but possible. Add me as a friend. I'm not perfect and I have slipped off the plan, but I always manage to get back on. I'm in the process of kicking those last 10lbs and it is harder than the past 70.
  • shanneymc
    shanneymc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've always admired women who have a house full of children. I have 3 children. 20, 18 and 15. I thought I prayed a lot when they were little but oh boy do I need to stay in prayer now. I want to get this weight issue finally right. I pray that I have the right reasons and the strength to continue. Also that I keep the desire to see this until the end. I'm 5'6 and started at 218. I'm very careful who I share that I'm trying to lose weight with. So many people don't want you to succeed and that's a shame. My most important suggestion is even when you feel you've messed up and the enemy is in your ear saying the most hateful things, don't give up. I picture it as a small child who's holding a parents hand and the child trips. The parent squeezes the hand and just in reflexes to save the child from falling. Jerks their and up to stop the child. I'm sure you've done it with your children. I know I have. That's what I picture my Father doing for me. We may stumble but He won't let us fall. Good luck and God bless