HOW TO GUIDE

Options
Jauryn
Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
I figured for a first topic this would probably be best. I'll try to get as much information as I can and explain how Ingress works as well as how to play, recruitment, strategies, etc., etc.

I'll add as well, for any future members, feel free to add on to this:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Arguably the first step to playing Ingress (at least for now) is getting invited into the game. But, once you've been invited and you're buzzing on the thrill of getting to hack portals soon you may be wondering what to do next in order to get started.

Step One: (I was going to say install the app but that seems pretty common sense, so let's just skip ahead) Pick a side, and choose wisely. The app will walk you through an explanation of exactly WHY we're playing this game, so listen carefully to the opening.

There are two sides to Ingress, The Resistance and The Enlightened. Here a quick run down of the sides (which can also be found on Wikipedia):

*Enlightened*
The Enlightened faction is “attempting to help the Shapers infiltrate Earth. Followers believe that the Shapers bring a powerful enlightenment that will lift humankind.”

*Resistance*
The Resistance faction is “defending the Earth from the Shaper ingression. They are seen by some as being fearful of change or progress, but the Resistance is firm in its belief that it is protecting humanity.”

So after watching the opening you'll be asked which side you want to join. It should also tell you which side the person who invited you is on, and really, who doesn't prefer playing with friends. Ultimately though the choice is up to you though, so whether you pick one because it's your favorite color, or because you just want to destroy your buddy's hard work cause he's an asshat sometimes, just make sure it's the side you want.