new xbox

Options
BrendarB
BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
my Xbox 360 is on it's last legs - I hear it might be worth waiting until the newest platform of the xbox is released, but haven't heard any details about the new console. - anybody hear anything?

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    They haven't even officially announced it yet.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I have not heard anything about a new platform but even if one is that doesn't mean you have to jump up to it immediately. If money is not object then by all means go right ahead but consider this. Once a new platform is released the price of the old platform and all the games that go with it plummet. As a rule I typically hang out just below the top tier until the newness wears off. That new platform will be selling games for $50.00 a shot. Just count on it. If you pick up the newest platform and 2 games and a second controller and suddenly you are looking at an amount of money in the neighborhood of a mortgage payment.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I believe it is expected to be out in Nov 2013...maybe. But..if they are going along with this "always on" BS..I'm out *drops mic and walks away*
  • soldier4242
    Options
    What is this always on BS that you speak of and why would it make you drop your mic and walk away?
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    What is this always on BS that you speak of

That the xbox would always need an internet connection to function.
    and why would it make you drop your mic and walk away?

Because I am gangster.
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I believe it is expected to be out in Nov 2013...maybe. But..if they are going along with this "always on" BS..I'm out *drops mic and walks away*

I share this sentiment
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Games have always been $50.00 give or take.
  • soldier4242
    Options

Because I am gangster.

It seems odd to me that they would intentionally engineer an inability to play games offline on purpose. I mean that would just be flat out stupid.

Are you a real gangster like the ones from the Valentines day Massacre or a fake gangster like the ones MTV cribs?
  • soldier4242
    Options

So I guess you have just never waited for them to lower in price? Perhaps you are unaware that they lower in price? Games are only in the $50.00 give or take range when they first come out. I have not paid that price for a game in a dog's age. Thanks to bargain shopping coupon clipping and asking for military discounts I have been able to get games at a much lower price and sometimes I only have to wait a little over a month.

When the new platform comes out for the Xbox360 I will still be playing this current platform. The games for this platform will greatly reduce in price. If I see a game that really interests me I'll upgrade to the new platform but by then the price of that platform will have lowered. I may even be able to get a used one and really bank some savings.
  • randomtai
    Options

So I guess you have just never waited for them to lower in price? Perhaps you are unaware that they lower in price? Games are only in the $50.00 give or take range when they first come out. I have not paid that price for a game in a dog's age. Thanks to bargain shopping coupon clipping and asking for military discounts I have been able to get games at a much lower price and sometimes I only have to wait a little over a month.

When the new platform comes out for the Xbox360 I will still be playing this current platform. The games for this platform will greatly reduce in price. If I see a game that really interests me I'll upgrade to the new platform but by then the price of that platform will have lowered. I may even be able to get a used one and really bank some savings.

I meant when they first come out.. I bought games when they first came out and I bought games at lower prices, it really doesn't matter. All I was saying is that a new platform does not raise game prices which have been steady for years.
  • soldier4242
    Options

I meant when they first come out.. I bought games when they first came out and I bought games at lower prices, it really doesn't matter. All I was saying is that a new platform does not raise game prices which have been steady for years.

Correct you can expect the games on the new platform to come in at around the neighborhood of $50.00. This isn't a part of any evil conspiracy or anything like that it is just the nature of the beast and for the fiscally responsible gamer it is something to be aware of. If you can afford to pay full price for a top tier game then go right ahead cause that is what helps to keep the industry alive. I just happen to be patient enough to wait until the games reduce in price. Even then I ask for my military discount and if they have a deal going I try for that too.

You would be amazed at what you can get just by asking. If I were to by a $50.00 game because it was something I really wanted. I would ask for a military discount they will normally hit with with about 10% off. Now the game is $45.00 I drop a $10.00 net coupon on it and now it is $35.00 and on some rare occasions I have had them not charge me tax so I can walk out with a top tier game for $35.00. Since I normally use my tricks on games that are not that expensive I typically walk out for less than that.
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Because I am gangster.

Best answer ever, and I agree!
  • randomtai
    Options

Correct you can expect the games on the new platform to come in at around the neighborhood of $50.00. This isn't a part of any evil conspiracy or anything like that it is just the nature of the beast and for the fiscally responsible gamer it is something to be aware of. If you can afford to pay full price for a top tier game then go right ahead cause that is what helps to keep the industry alive. I just happen to be patient enough to wait until the games reduce in price. Even then I ask for my military discount and if they have a deal going I try for that too.

You would be amazed at what you can get just by asking. If I were to by a $50.00 game because it was something I really wanted. I would ask for a military discount they will normally hit with with about 10% off. Now the game is $45.00 I drop a $10.00 net coupon on it and now it is $35.00 and on some rare occasions I have had them not charge me tax so I can walk out with a top tier game for $35.00. Since I normally use my tricks on games that are not that expensive I typically walk out for less than that.

Good for you. Still not the topic but awesome sauce nonetheless.