Options
Pretty quiet in here on this one! ;)

13.5 Workout
4 min AMRAP:
15 Thrusters (Men=100, Women=65)
15 Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups

If 90 reps (3 rounds) are completed in under 4 minutes, time extends to 8 minutes.
If 180 reps (6 rounds) are completed in under 8 minutes, time extends to 12 minutes.
If 270 reps (9 rounds) are completed in under 12 minutes, time extends to 16 minutes.
Etc.

Replies

• Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I'm doing this on Sunday. I usually do 55lb. thrusters, so I'll be glad if I can do 15 at 65lbs. I can't do an unassisted pull up yet, though. : (
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    6 women did 13.5 in my morning session. 2 did the Open; the rest of us newbies had to do the full 90 reps (3 rounds) for time, with a 10 minute cap.

My SCALED results: With 53 lbs I completed my 90 reps in 9:02. Meh. It's something to mark improvement for later. =/
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I wasn't competing in the open, but I did the wod and only hit 15. I can't do unassisted pull ups, never mind chest to bar, but I did work assisted with lighter bands and could only get 3.
  • NixLifts
    NixLifts Posts: 4
    Options
    I just joined, so I wasn't competing in the open, and I couldn't do c2b so used a box for jumping pull ups, and 18kg barbell for thrusters. I got 65 reps, hopefully this time next year I can actually do unassisted pull ups :D
  • kbacaycay
    kbacaycay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Great job today! I am somewhat new to crossfit too. I did not participate in the open today, but I did do a class modification. I did 45lb thrusters & jumping pullups. I did 60. Can't wait to one day do the Rx!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What a satisfying end to the open! I'm not registered, but I tried to do as many of the wods rx as possible to assess if I would be ready for next year. I ended up with 9 c2b pull ups for a total of 24 reps. I just started getting dead hang pull ups a couple of weeks ago, so this was a major deal for me!!

I hope I'm able to register next year, pending class and travel schedules. If not, then definitely the year after. I hope everyone had a really great time too! Congrats to you all!!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Kicked my *kitten*, but my profile pic awesome as I attempt a c2b
  • jlcuster
    jlcuster Posts: 22
    Options
    After I watch the archived announcement Friday morning, I did an afternoon WOD (not 13.5). Out of curiosity, I tried to do chest-to-bar pull-ups during my warm-up. Only about half actually met that standard. I'm impressed that I can do it as pull-ups are one of my weaknesses, but I still need a lot of work.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I destroyed the thrusters in like 45-50 seconds or something. Then jumped up on an ICE COLD bar and some how managed 7 C2B. My hands were frozen. Going in I thought I might have 5 c2b, so I am mostly happy with 7. Of course now I wish I had gotten 15. :wink:

So, 22 total reps.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well after the workout was announced I went in Thursday to work on my C2B pull ups as I had never successfully done one. I did the open today and only got to 28 so I may go try again tomorrow. I did the thrusters no problem, and spent 3.5 min trying to do C2B pull ups but only managed 13. It's crazy what a difference that 6 inches or so between your chest and your chin and how much harder it makes pull ups! Nice job everyone!
  • julieofarc
    julieofarc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    15 and I'll take it. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm very ready to get back to our regular programming. :D I was surprised to see that no one got additional time in our box... well, at least no one who did 13.5 this morning.
  • danixfit
    danixfit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got to 65. That was a tough one.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I did it for ****s and gigs to see where I land at my box - we had a counter/no-repper -- Did 39 reps (RX with C2B) but I'm in a walking boot so the squats took me a bit on one leg - was tough!