April Weekly Challenge

Options
Jaccyber
Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
Here is a challenge that is being presented over at Fitocracy. It is called the Spark challenge and it lays out like this: (it was design to be able to do anywhere, but I have adapted it to EA Sports Active 2)

The routine as described at Fitocracy: (Do the routine in 4 circuits with 30 second rest between exercises and 90 second rest between each circuit)

Body Weight Squats - 8 to 10 reps
Push-ups - 5 to 8 reps
Plank - 15 secs
Jumping Jacks - 15 reps
Reverse Lunge - 6 reps per leg
Glute Bridge (Hip bridge) - 10 reps

The routine adapted for EA Sports Active 2
(suggest doing this in easy or medium level...you tough workout warriors can try this on hard...you will feel it in the morning.)

Perform 4 circuits of:
Squats (used 'medium' for 12 reps)
Push-Ups (used 'easy' for 10 reps)
Plank - (used 'medium' for 30 secs)
Jumping Jacks (used skipping on 'medium' for 65 reps which is kinda similar to doing about 32 jumping jacks)
Reverse Lung - (used 'medium' for 20 reps (10 reps per leg))
Glute Bridge (used Hip Bridge on 'medium' for 12 reps)

This can be dialed in as a custom workout. If you add 4 warmups and 4 cooldowns this will take about 32 min. to complete.

Now go ahead and Have-at-It and let me know how you feel afterwards. My chest muscles were sore for about 3 days after my first try...I probably did not stretch enough that day.

Replies

• Jaccyber
    Options
    Did a 15 min workout on 'YSFE 2013' Core and Butt then did a session of the Spark challenge on EASA2 and it kicked my butt :) All those push-ups are just hard.
  • hakuba_jen
    hakuba_jen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ahaha, I saw you commented on someone' success story about EASA2 and I though to myself, "That name looks really familiar..."

You shall be alone in EASA2's group no longer! I'm almost done with Cardio Kickstart and I'm moving on to the 9-week program next Thursday. Here's to the leg sensor tourniquet!
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    I believe since there are so many great websites for fitness people have found other places perhaps...but I am keeping this group open just in case people have thoughts and/comments, or wish to take on the challenges offered. Thanks for joining the team. Next month I am going to drum up another circuit of exercises to challenge us. Here's to a wonderful Friday :-) Great Job on your workouts. How's the Cardio Kickstart treating you?
  • hakuba_jen
    hakuba_jen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 10 did a number on my knees, but I've had 2 days off to recover, so I'm doing okay today. I'm more excited to start the 9 week program all primed and ready to go. The reason I stopped last time was my knees, but I'm really focusing on keeping the impact off of them this time around.

Do you just do custom workouts or are you on a program?
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Currently working with this custom challenge with EASA2 and also using Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 (YSFE 2013). I finished a EASA2 9 week program in December and then did some custom stuff until January then did the 60 day challenge with NFL Training Camp. I am going to start a 9 week program on Monday 29th with EASA2. Then do another 60 day challenge of NFL TC. I am training for a Half Marathon in October so all these programs are really helping with that. Great Great programs.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Have not kept up with the challenge this week. Need to get in one Spark challenge workout this week hopefully Friday. On another note though I did run 4 miles on Tuesday and looking forward to another run today (Thursday) and a YSFE 2013 session... Gotta keep stayin' ACTIVE. Also going to start up another 9 week session on EASA2. We can do this team. Keep up the great work everyone. So many goals to achieve. Keep on striving.