My 1/2 was today

ValerieMomof2
ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
Perfect weather thankfully. A very very hilly route but overall I am thrilled. I ran a 1:59:45 according to their website. Everyone in our group had GPS and they all said that their markers were off so according to my Garmin, I finished at 1:59 but actually ran 3.34 miles :)
My legs hurt, I have huge blisters, but I am very proud of our group. 5 of us finished between 1:49 and 2:02.

Replies

• jon1289
    jon1289 Posts: 24 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS !!!! That is a fantastic time too. Makes all the training worhwhile doesn't it?

Well done :)
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    You did it!! So awesome. Great time, especially with hills!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Perfect weather thankfully. A very very hilly route but overall I am thrilled. I ran a 1:59:45 according to their website. Everyone in our group had GPS and they all said that their markers were off so according to my Garmin, I finished at 1:59 but actually ran 3.34 miles :)
    My legs hurt, I have huge blisters, but I am very proud of our group. 5 of us finished between 1:49 and 2:02.

did you mean 13.34? :blushing: and not 3.34 miles because i'm thinking you RAN WAY FASTER than 1:59 if you only did 3.34. LOL!!!!!!!!

congratulations!!!!!!! you made it under 2 hours awesome for you! hills are the worst! :sad: why hills! :sad: :laugh:
  • ValerieMomof2

did you mean 13.34? :blushing: and not 3.34 miles because i'm thinking you RAN WAY FASTER than 1:59 if you only did 3.34. LOL!!!!!!!!

congratulations!!!!!!! you made it under 2 hours awesome for you! hills are the worst! :sad: why hills! :sad: :laugh:

LOL Yes Yes I did mean 13.34! I didn't work that hard to take 2 hours for a 5K
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Awesome job!!! Congrats. Are you planning another 1/2 or any other races?
  • ValerieMomof2
    I have the Rugged Maniac on May 4 and then a break. My training and races take away the husbands only day to get things done so I promised him I would stick to just my normal Saturday AM run (which range from 4-7 miles) for a bit. I may do one in the Fall, but I don't know yet. Plus races are so dang expensive I could use the break from the entrance fees!