Calves and the stick

Options
rayvynn5374
rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
Has anyone ever used The Stick? My calves have been tight so today i tried using he stick, now they REALLY hurt. I can't tell if i bruised them or just pushed alot of knots into one location. Any advice?

Replies

• twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I haven't used anything because the one time I had my husband rub my caves, they hurt so much more. I have considered a foam roller to roll them, but I was hoping just lots of stretching would help.

I've recently switched to a more minimalist shoe (4mm drop) and my calves hurt so bad that I've had to cut down to only running 2x a day and cross training the rest of the time. I'm actually not too upset about it though b/c my plantar fasciitis is GONE and that makes me really happy...supersore calves are nothing compared to PF pain!
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report that after i used the stick and was pretty sore I iced the calf in question for 2 hours took 3 motrin and went t bed. When i woke up this morning it was better, I could touch it without discomfort. Ran my 10 miles in 98 minutes. Legs are a tad sore but nothing compared to yesterday. I believe i will stick with the stick
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report that after i used the stick and was pretty sore I iced the calf in question for 2 hours took 3 motrin and went t bed. When i woke up this morning it was better, I could touch it without discomfort. Ran my 10 miles in 98 minutes. Legs are a tad sore but nothing compared to yesterday. I believe i will stick with the stick

I will have to look into this stick if my calf pain continues! Glad you are feeling better!