Still not ready I guess...

Options
bookworm_847
bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
Lately I've been having some mad cravings for pizza. I figured today I'd indulge and go get myself one. The plan was to get the thin crust, eat a couple pieces for lunch, maybe a couple for dinner, and freeze the rest to eat at another time. My huge craving plus missing my hubby plus feeling so blue, exhausted, and headachy this week added up to me eating the whole dang thing over the course of the afternoon. I guess I'm not ready to get a pizza like a big girl yet when Hubby is gone. :embarassed:

I'm feeling a little guilty right now because I've been doing so well. And my stomach is not happy with me right now. But I'm not going to let it ruin all my success. I'm down almost 19 pounds total! I had a loss at my weigh-in yesterday so I'm going to pick myself up and plan my meals carefully for the remainder of my hubby's vacation. I'm just kicking myself a little right now for not seeing that I wasn't ready yet.

I just wanted to get it on record with my new group as I hope that you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    Messing up is no big deal, just dont quit! Dust yourself off and start over, we all do.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Losing 19 lbs so far is a great accomplishment. Consider this is a learning experience. Move forward from it.
    Tomorrow's a new day & you can have a new start.
  • bookworm_847
    Options
    Thanks! I have no plans on giving up at all... I'm probably about 5-10 lbs away from getting into my favorite jeans that I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years. I just felt a little guilty and thought that confession might be good for the soul. No worries about me... I have a ways to go before I hit my goal (or even the neighborhood of my goal!). :flowerforyou:
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bookworm: Thanks for sharing! It is progress seeing that when you're feeling blue and exhausted pizza is a food you may go to for comfort and that pizza may be a trigger food for you. You have accomplished a lot so far. Part of the journey is having about having slips and how we recover from them. We can start over when ever we choose.

Keep up the great work! You've lost 19 pounds; that's huge! :smile:
  • susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    Totally understand! Lonliness is a trigger for me. Can you meet up with women that are alone, too? Maybe go walking? Thanks for sharing with us,as we have all caved in,one time or another. Don't beat yourself up and get back on the wagon. I try not to bring stuff in the house,that I might binge on. Had to get rid of peanut butter,cause I might eat half a jar(hate to admit that)...Congrats on the weight loss! One day at a time,my friend:smile:
  • tabbyrose727
    tabbyrose727 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had a "bad day" myself not long ago, it is disheartening, but as SusanJean reminded me, we are only human! Just get back up and don't give up. Thanks for sharing, I feel a little less alone!
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Look at my new "picture" . It is a good visual remiinder that a few black days won't mind in the overall loss plan... I am even thinking that maybe, we SHOULD include a few black days in the whole scheme!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    :smile: Love,love love the encouragement. That helps us get past those"cruddy" days.
  • bookworm_847
    Options
    :smile: Love,love love the encouragement. That helps us get past those"cruddy" days.

Yes, thank you everyone for all the support! :flowerforyou:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Your new"picture" is fantastic. We just have to make sure that when we have a "blow it" day,that we don't become discouraged or mad at ourselves and throw in the towel. Support means so much. When I quit smoking 4 years ago,I joined a support,smoking cessation group,and truly believe,if I didn't have others that understood me(and my struggles),might not have made it(being a non smoker. I haven't known you all very long,but I know I count count on you. God bless you and all the wonderful people that are a part of our lovely group:smile:
  • Aboele79
    Aboele79 Posts: 40
    Options
    We have all done it don't feel guilty its a min by min process some days drink some water and remember that tomorrow is another day. as dory says in Finding nemo "just keep swimming" :D
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Sending good thoughts and virtual hugs your way. We all have bad days. Dust yourself off and start again.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    There was a 19lb weight loss -- how awesome is that!
    Not many (including me!) can proudly state that much weight was lost.

So the pizza got the best of you at that particular moment - look at what you've accomplished.
    I estimate you'll be hitting the 20lb weight loss mark soon!