loosing my mid section

vicwjones
vicwjones Posts: 4 Member
No matter how much I workout I still can't seem to lose my beer gut. :-) And suggestions?

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    The only way to lose the gut is to reduce your body fat, and you do that by creating a caloric deficit. You can work out all you want but if you're eating more than you burn, fat won't go anywhere! Also, you can't pick the places that your body decides to reduce first, so you just have to be consistent and patient :)
  • Unfortunately, the tummy is the last place for it to disappear from. I once lost 70 pounds and still had a tummy but was at a healthy weight. It was very discouraging, This time, I'm understanding that it doesn't go away fast and will just need to be patient and stick with my fitness routine. Seems so tough with the crappy metabolism I seem to have but all I can say is don't give up. Keep up the good work.
  • slowly_changing12
    slowly_changing12 Posts: 192 Member
    When I first started losing weight my stomach was the biggest thing on my body lol. As I did more research I found out that there was no such thing as "spot reduction". The research said that you have to work on your overall body fat ( which everyone in the previous post said lol)......I am sure that you probably had limited your beer consumption. Cardio and drinking lots of water helps (of course stomach exercises) and before you know it your belly will decrease overtime :)
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    While it is true that you can't spot reduce fat, toning the abdominal muscles (e.g. with planks) might help reduce the overall girth and hold it in.
  • Sounds weird, but worked for me!
    There are three different kinds of fat... the most critical is the visceral fat... You're facing the same problem that I had a month ago... to burn the subcutaneous fat above visceral fat area... you should try cardiovascular exercise with maximum cargo (under your cardio rate zone) I.E. elliptical trainer resistance of 4 with RPM above 65 or uphill treadmill (with inclination above 12%) fast walking 5.8 to 6.2 (depending on the length of your legs) *Try to use a polar cardio monitor and talk to your instructor about that. But you must perform at least 60 minutes of each one of them to start burning the fat that is actually placed in this specific area. I was dividing my exercises this way: Morning: 60 min of UpHill + 60 min of weight training // Night: 80 min elliptical + 25 min abdominals + 25 min bike. **you´ll also need supplements… I am counting with the support of a nutritionist and an endocrinologist to better optimize the results and the most important, all exams were previously performed to ensure that I was able to handle this for three weeks’ time... after that, you'll need to decelerate your workout… in resume, to kill the fat on your belly… only having long periods of cardio exercise... I´ve tried 3 separated series of 20 min each one… and eating every each 2 hours… nothing... course, you need to bear in mind your daily calories ingestion :wink: